Author Topic: '69 original paint Z...leave as-is or repaint?  (Read 9842 times)

262jp

• View Profile
Re: '69 original paint Z...leave as-is or repaint?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 12:34:11 AM »
I am the owner of the car being discussed and no I am not dreaming about what the car is worth. It does look rough in the pics but I chose not to fluff it up, instead doing only what I had to do to get it running. Everything  mechanically on the car is in great shape and it is a very solid running driving original drive train Z. It would be a very easy car to restore due to nice floors, base of dash at windshield, frame rails, shock towers and trunk pan. Since I  have turned down way more than the current bid I guess others agree. IMO  :)

BSMIT59

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 01:00:24 AM »
I'm sorry if anyone offended you. I don't think that was anyone's intent. Everyone has their opinions and are very much entitled to them. Your car is a great looking Vehicle and without anyone doing an in depth inspection, they can't possibly know what you do about your car. I am pretty knew here myself, but I have a great deal of respect for the members of this Forum. The research info that has accumulated here is more than you will find anywhere. Perhaps their honesty and straight forward opinions are not received by each of us as it was intended, but I have never seen anyone post or respond with malice or intent to be derogatory of anyone's car or project. Please take their opinions and offered help as it is intended.
Barry     Old guy but still learning.....
Unrestored 67 barn find
67 SS 350 in process  ( in paint booth now)
Looking for 7N243673 to reunite V0320MO block and crank

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 01:09:12 AM »
Since none of us wants to over speculate here, maybe you can just clear up how much do you need the car to go for?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

FortLangleyBC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2015, 03:06:27 PM »
Yes 262jp - no offence intended at all.

I would love to have the car the way it is (less the extended rears hackles :D) & drive it regularly.

Good luck with your auction!
1969 Trans Am 400 335 WQ Cameo White