Author Topic: Door Latch Rods  (Read 1892 times)

69-er

• View Profile
Door Latch Rods
« on: June 07, 2015, 09:01:33 PM »
Did a search with no luck. Can someone explain or has pictures of the door handle/latch rods for a 69? (preferably installed) I have the rods from two cars and they both have the same peculiarities.

The pics show two rusty original ones on the inside, (they've never been removed from the latches) and two black ones from another car on the outside. The rods on the right are the driver's side. Since the ends are flat on the driver's side they are the only ones that will fit in the slot on the door handle mechanism. Everything I read is that both sides are the same; standard and deluxe interior. As you can see, both pairs are close to mirror images in addition to being slightly clocked differently. I was depending on the originals to be correct for use as an example. So now I'm totally confused!

What gives?

69-er

• View Profile
Re: Door Latch Rods
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 09:31:21 PM »
UPDATE:

After further research I have discovered that original rods previously shown are from a standard interior.  The pic below shows how one side's mechanism has a round hole, the other a slot.  Some other vendors show both mechanisms with round holes.  I'm 99% sure these are the original rods and latches.

The only problem now is that the round rod looks to be clocked correctly since the mechanism's levers are at angle.  The rod with the flat end is at a 90 degree angle.  I don't see how that would fit the corresponding mechanism.

So much for the vendors stating the rods are for standard and deluxe interiors.