Author Topic: Heater Core Restored  (Read 2904 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Heater Core Restored
« on: May 29, 2015, 10:33:18 PM »
Here is the Heater Core I scored from my friends tow yard. It has been restored. I decided to see how it would turn out, sell it, then be ready when it's time to have mine done. It is dated March of '67... Danny

dannystarr

• View Profile
Re: Heater Core Restored
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 10:34:32 PM »
The core is not visually correct, but U will never see it.

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 10:36:46 PM »
The core is not visually correct, but U will never see it.

I see it now!  :P :)

Paul

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2015, 10:37:32 PM »
Proper original Harrison Tanks. It measures Approx. 10-3/4" X 6-3/8" X 2-1/2". So according to the posts lately about this subject, I am assuming this is thicker, so it is for an A/C Car?

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2015, 10:39:51 PM »
Paul, your killing me.. I guess I should have said when installed. You are too sharp { Like a balloon  ;D  For your own good } .. D

ZLP955

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 02:24:35 AM »
Danny, what did the restoration involve, clean, re-braze the tubes, and pressure test, or more?
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 06:32:15 AM »
Well all of the above. I soaked it in evaporust for 3 or 4 days and flushed it out. Then it was re-cored and assembled using the original tanks. I think the brazed area's were ok, so he just soft soldered the heck out of it and tested it. I have seen a lot about this subject, and it seems a lot of people don't wanna use their original. They just buy aftermarket, which of course is just fine. I dropped it off on a Friday, and picked it up Tuesday Morning. I will pull my original in the coming weeks and clean it, check the date and find out what it will entail to get it up and going. Maybe mine can be saved, and repaired without a re-core. I will also record the second hidden VIN at the same time... D