Author Topic: 4th gen houndstooth seat covers. 1993 - 1996 PUI versus 1997 - 2002 TMI.  (Read 4521 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Okay, I see that the two companies both sell 4th gen houndstooth seat covers.  Classic Industries sells PUI covers for 1993 - 1996.  Rick's Camaros sells TMI covers for 1997 - 2002.  The prices are roughly the same coming in a $400 and $440.  I have a pair of both 4th gen seats, early and late.  What is the difference?  Any suggestions on which is better?  They look the exact same to me.  So, what makes them different?   Will one match the Distinctive Industries houndstooth rear seat better than the other, as both Ricks and Classic sell Distinctive Industries houndstooth rear seat cover.   

Arghh....why so many different manufacturers for one set of seats?

sdkar

• View Profile
I have taken  seats apart from both 96 and older and 97 and newer, and the difference is simply an extra velcro strip along the middle for holding the seat cover in place.  That is all I can see.  Everything else looks the same, same measurements, all of it.  So, I will guess you can use either seat for your needs.

anything