Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

1969 Camaro Z/28 Open Element Air Cleaner Base

<< < (2/2)

Edgemontvillage:

--- Quote from: ZLP955 on May 28, 2015, 06:26:39 AM ---No worries, hope Darrell's pictures answered your question. I've just retrieved my 2 air cleaner bases from storage, so will photograph them and post the details over the weekend.

--- End quote ---

Yes, please add the photos of your 2 air cleaner bases (and lids if you hav them).

ZLP955:
Lloyd, I've just added comparison photos to the thread at TC. I noted a difference in one area of the bases, one has a flat area (as does the base you pictured above) and the other has a circular indent. Now I am not sure what that means for the one with the indent (different supplier, service replacement, repro?) but I did note that Chuck Aleksinas has a 69 Z/28 air cleaner assembly for sale over at sYc and his also appears to have the circular indent. Interested in your thoughts and observations on this area.
Both lids have been rechromed in the past, so unfortunately neither still has the silk screening on the underside.

69 Zee:
Hey Lloyd,  Just notice this thread and as Tim (ZLP955) kindly stated in reference to my thread,  I firmly believe (105%)  ;D  that my open element air cleaner is original to my March build Z. 

As far as the semi-circular indent (seen in your 2nd pic at about the 5 oClock position),  agreeing with Tim ..could it be from another supplier?  Interesting... Are there anymore original lids out there that we can compare with and build dates ?  Other than that.. I'd say it's an all go for yours being original as well unless proven otherwise

ZLP955:
Just to clarify, I believe Lloyd's base (with one flat, and one indented area) is assembly-line correct, and looks just like Darrell's. The one that has two circular indents is mine, that is the one I'm unsure about (alternate supplier, service replacement or repro).

Edgemontvillage:

--- Quote from: ZLP955 on June 05, 2015, 06:11:51 AM ---Just to clarify, I believe Lloyd's base (with one flat, and one indented area) is assembly-line correct, and looks just like Darrell's. The one that has two circular indents is mine, that is the one I'm unsure about (alternate supplier, service replacement or repro).

--- End quote ---

Tim, thanks for clarifying and for your help on this subject.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page