Author Topic: Heater control faceplate lens  (Read 2154 times)

DAVEN1256

• View Profile
Heater control faceplate lens
« on: May 12, 2015, 07:03:07 PM »
Does anyone know if anyone is reproducing a heater control face plate lens for a '68 non-AC car whose lettering font (or script) matched that of an original GM piece?

I had bought an OER lens but was disappointed in the difference in the font vs the GM. I has sent it back but never took any comparison pictures.

I have looked hard on the websites of everyone I could find on the Internet who sells these. Most of their pictures are too poor to make a comparison.

I was at Eckler's facility in Titusville, FL today to pick up some other parts. Figuring I am probably not going to do any better than the OER piece and needing to get this installed, I picked up another OER.

When I got it home and compared it side by side with my original GM, again the difference bothered me. The OER piece has shorter, fatter letters. And after getting it out of the packaging, I also noticed that the silk screening on the OER piece was sloppy in some areas. Look at the top of the word "OFF." .

So again, I'll ask if anyone knows of a repro lens whose font matches the original GM.

If this turns up nothing, I'll exchange the OER piece for another OER that hopefully has better quality silk screening and settle for that untill something better comes along.

I know this is being picky but I know every time I look at it, it's going to bug me.

Thanks.....Dave