Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

67 Van Nuys standard seat belts

(1/3) > >>

automate67:
Can anyone tell me roughly what month the 67 "standard" Irving belts changed from the Fisher Coach buckle Emblem to the GM Mark of Excellence buckle Emblem if ever? I have a 4Th week of April, Van Nuys built car and have located some GM refurbished belts though I'm not sure they are correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike S:
I have a `67 04B Van Nuys with the standard interior that I will check when I get home later tonight.

Mike

automate67:
Thanks Mike...Did you find the broadcast sheet for your car?

TRLAND:
Maybe there was never a change date from the way I read this statement here on the CRG seat belt page:  "67 standard buckles can have the Fisher Body carriage emblem or the GM emblem on the release button. Both buttons were used throughout the model year."  http://www.camaros.org/seatbelt.shtml

Mike S:

--- Quote from: automate67 on April 30, 2015, 07:49:05 PM ---Thanks Mike...Did you find the broadcast sheet for your car?

--- End quote ---
This is the buckle tag and date code on my 67 04B w/standard interior.
I also checked my 05B NOR and it has the same buckle tag. Interesting enough are the date codes for both 04B and 05B were Jan 1967 separated by only a few days.
GM must have made these belts in huge number batches to have early dates for midyear cars.
  I haven't found the broadcast sheet on the 04B LOS but I haven't removed the gas tank yet to look for it.
 I did find the UOIT and an electrical inspection tags under the carpet.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page