Author Topic: Fat & Furious - King of Camaros Episode  (Read 4793 times)

cook_dw

• View Profile
Fat & Furious - King of Camaros Episode
« on: February 17, 2015, 06:49:40 PM »
Anyone else happen to see this last night?  I normally never watch it but caught the preview while watching Street Outlaws.  Suppose to have been a "correct" restoration..   ::)  Did anyone else notice the "DZ" engine they picked up for the car?  19N6300?? with a 1I01DZ stampings.  Also suppose to have been a Burnish Brown X77 car but they never showed the tag.

HawkX66

• View Profile
Re: Fat & Furious - King of Camaros Episode
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 08:15:54 PM »
I stopped watching most of those shows. Too much drama and not enough good content. They need to come out with a "This Old House" style show. Remember the original episodes when they would watch over Norm Abrahams shoulder while he built something amazing step by step? I watch Street Outlaws some times, but they need to film more of the show in the garage while they're building the motors and setting up the suspensions.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 09:27:13 PM »
I watched 1 episode and they lost me.....these guys been around a long time. Seem to remember them running big block Camaros, " Big Boy's Toys" something like that ,anyway they know their stuff. I hate it when these shows put a distributor in 180 out  to " chase" created problems. Big arguments ,blah, blah, blah...
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 11:00:06 PM »
FYI that 19N6300??  was stamped on the block along side the V1I01DZ...  No idea what the car was dated.  They made a big deal about finding a rosewood wheel and it was made a big deal and was a little over the top.  I'm sure they are good guys but I wish they would do their homework more if they are gonna say that the car had to correct and original.  The valve covers were on backwards, no air cleaner seal, alt painted, looked like water pump pulley was wrong, tailpipes hung waaaay to low..  I'm sure if I watched it over I could go on..  Maybe it's me and the average car guy loves this stuff..   ???

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 11:43:39 PM »
FYI that 19N6300??  was stamped on the block along side the V1I01DZ...  No idea what the car was dated.  They made a big deal about finding a rosewood wheel and it was made a big deal and was a little over the top.  I'm sure they are good guys but I wish they would do their homework more if they are gonna say that the car had to correct and original.  The valve covers were on backwards, no air cleaner seal, alt painted, looked like water pump pulley was wrong, tailpipes hung waaaay to low..  I'm sure if I watched it over I could go on..  Maybe it's me and the average car guy loves this stuff..   ???
How does that go...ignorance is bliss? Most of us "nuts", on here. can pick apart a car. We just know how it should be. Probably why I missed this and the plethora of these type shows. Just loses my interest.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

69 Zee

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 06:23:10 PM »
Funny Darrell you should mention that show.  I usually never watch the show either but since I saw a preview of a 69 Z resto I thought I'd tune in.  I also saw those numbers on the block and immediately said "oh geeze here we go"  :o  It's TV and that equals drama and fairy tales .... But to the larger ordinary viewer the car look the way it should  ;D  Obviously a restamped block with that VIN
Darrell
'69 Camaro Z/28: 03B NOR X77 Dusk Blue, white top, all orig, Under construction
'69 Firebird all original 350 all power w/ac
'70 Plymouth Superbird: One owner, Limelight green, 45K miles, all original U code

z28z11

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 08:13:10 PM »
I thought it looked pretty good beforethe burnished brown. Made such a big deal about the rosewood that it was really a let down to see such a shiny wheel finish.

For all that trouble to be "exact", the headers and funky detailing were amusing. Guy sure paid a lot for a clone -

1968 Z28 M21/U17 BRG/W 1967 Chevy ll Nova SS 
1969 Z28 X77/M20/VE3 LeMans/W
1969 L78 X66/N66 Cortez/BVT
1969 Z11 L48/M35/C60/C06  1949 3100 5wd 235/6

anything