Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

67 windsheild wiper motor

(1/4) > >>

hrascoll:
I have a 67 rs/ss 350. my wiper motor is part 5045508 type E. black with a yellow stamp of "199 66". I assume the "199" is mid July Julien date of 1966. my car was born 1st week of April 1967. my question is:  could this be the original motor made 10 months before the car? if so then it is worth rebuilding/restoring.

big iron:
I did not have any date stamp my 67 motor and not sure that they did. Maybe someone could confirm this one way or another.
With so many cars 912 (?) being produced per day, I would think the a build date on the motor of one month prior to car build date would even be a stretch.
I would rebuild your motor without date stamp and stamp it when you have proof that they were stamped with correct date.

MikeS, do you have date stamps on your motors?

Bob

Mike S:
 I can take a look at the original `67 LOS. Where is the stamp located on the motor?

Mike

big iron:
I would assume that it would be on the sides of the motor housing but I have never seen them on a 67. ???

Bob

MyRed67:
My 5045508 Wiper motor on my 11A LOS appears to be the original, and appears to be in original condition (not repaint) it has some light surface rust in the Rochester NY stamp.  It has no Date code stamp of any kind.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page