Author Topic: Hurst blower motor cage ?  (Read 8947 times)

Mike S

• View Profile
Re: Hurst blower motor cage ?
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 07:42:33 PM »
Paul,

Those walnut shells were in the heater cover? I've seen acorns but never walnuts.
That rodent must have used the fan cage blades to pick its teeth.  ;D

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

paulmanta

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2016, 08:45:38 PM »
When I bought the car from a guy in Sacramento I had it shipped over to me in England and it was in "as bought" running pulled out of a yard/barn condition, a friend picked it up and put it in a container and the next time it saw daylight was here in the UK.

The first thing I did was clean it and I removed a huge quantity of walnuts, probably two wheelbarrows full and they were all eaten, just the outer shells left.

Problem was the shop vac wouldn't suck them up so I had to remove them all by hand.

Then I removed the seats and got another half wheelbarrows worth out.

Next job was to work out why none of the side windows didn't go down, yup, walnuts, the doors and 1/4 panels were full.

When I decided to do the heaters I knew what I was going to find.

Strange thing is that I never found a single dead rodent, no little skeletons, no remains, nothing. just nests and nuts.

All told I pulled at least 4 wheelbarrows full out of the car (not heaped by the way, level). and my seat wadding was in the rockers and above the headliner.

Next job is to gut the interior, steam clean the floors and roof and replace everything soft.

Car itself drives like a dream though and although she a little smoky its reliable.

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 09:27:13 PM »
Wow Paul! Last thing I de-nutted was our dog. Seriously, I have had at least two cars that I found nut shells in. One was down in an engine lifter valley!
I also repaired a van that had its undercarriage wires(fuel pump & ABS) bit in two by squirrels while stored for just a couple of weeks at their dad's house. I am thinking  on your car that this is more the work of chipmunks. Man, that was a lot of shells! Should have saved them to strip the paint off the body?
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

paulmanta

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 09:46:42 PM »
Thing is there was no damage to wiring anywhere.  I checked it all out after I found the major rodent evidence but its all as it left Norwood.

there has not even been much human interference in the wiring which is even better !

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »
Bentley:   !!!   I thought you lived on a farm... Don't you fells use those little rubber-band like things to do your denutting??  :)
ps.   (We call it neutering down here in Bama).. :)

Paul:   Why would you expect to find dead/skeletonized rodents??  They were living HIGH on all those walnuts inside your car.. :) ...  We would say 'high on the hog' so that farm folks would know what we meant! :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan