Author Topic: routing of a/c hoses  (Read 3754 times)

hrascoll

• View Profile
routing of a/c hoses
« on: February 02, 2015, 06:42:25 PM »
I have a 67 rs/ss 350 with factory a/c. when routing the a/c hoses to the condenser, do the hoses go "over or under" the frame extension then into the grommet in the fender.  well. thx

Petes L48

• View Profile
Re: routing of a/c hoses
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2015, 08:22:49 PM »
Have you looked at UPC C60, Sheets A1 and D3-D5 in the AIM?

hrascoll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2015, 10:09:25 PM »
I spend have my life in the aim!  it does not show that level of detail.  it gets fuzzy at the bumper/ frame extension. the hoses have to go above or below.

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 04:15:02 AM »
Looking at the 67 AIM C60 D3, your hoses go through #6 grommet, under the fenderwell and are clamped #9 clip to the front under side of the fenderwell. You will see that the hoses go above the extensions to the condenser.
bob

hrascoll

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 06:52:50 AM »
very hard to see that, of witch I do not. but I take your word for it and over the bumper extensions they shall go. thank you.

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 04:02:25 PM »
Do you have the clip #9 and retainer#10 that is shown in the AIM?
Bob

hrascoll

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 04:19:45 PM »
grommet is org and great shape, #8 is repop, hoses are repop, most of clamps are org, poa brackets org, poa is org and has the correct part nbr and Julian date for car. poa was rebuilt/calibrated for 134. I do not have #9 or #10. I was planning to use an extra fender clip for the heater hose that I had laying around. thx

big iron

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2015, 05:09:52 PM »
#10 retainer is available from AMK. You will need a substitute clip #9  from them as well. The clip keeps the hoses from rubbing on frame extensions and excessive flexing of the condenser fittings. What ever clip you use make sure the clip holds the hoses firmly and the edges of the clip are rounded so as not to cut hoses over time. Would not use heater hose clamp as edges are not rounded and better clamps for this purpose are available.
As for 134 in a system designed for R12 is a discussion in itself.  ;D
Bob