Author Topic: Rear Shoulder Belts for 1969 Convert.  (Read 6607 times)

ccmblack

• View Profile
Rear Shoulder Belts for 1969 Convert.
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:58:56 AM »
Hey guys, Thanks so far for all the help in my resto work.  I have an off the wall question here - I have a 5 year old daughter that is still in a car seat, (I can't believe I am asking this), but am interested in installing a rear shoulder belt in my convertible so my wife will be happy and my daughter safe with the top down.  Any ideas on where to locate this belt, (I have seen pics of this shoulder belt but can't locate them anywhere),  and where to attach the anchor for the belt.  Thanks again for the help.

KevinW

• View Profile
Re: Rear Shoulder Belts for 1969 Convert.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:59:44 PM »
They come up on ebay infrequently.  The issue with the factory type belts, is that it does not give, so you have to belt up a hands width inbetween.  The long belt also goes underneath the folded top.  So dont buckle up and then fold the top, you will crush them! Top down 1st, then buckle. It was not really a well thought out design.  I have made a couple of convert belts, but belt work is on the back burner until I finish one of my cars.  You need longer webbing and a couple of special parts.  Here are some front ones item 110046854773, rear ones are about a foot longer than fronts.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 10:04:18 PM »
Is she in a car seat or a booster seat?  Some car seats work with a lap belt (and tether).
At any rate, you might check with these guys for help:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/injury/childps/contacts/
I've just been through the car seat restraint question with my granddaughter.  We bought a seat that has a harness and holds the seat in with a center lap belt.

Don't feel too bad about the question.  The one person I'd give up my Camaro for is that little girl!
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

ccmblack

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 01:19:53 AM »
she's in a booster seat - but your idea sounds interesting and less expensive.  I will check into it.  Thanks for the help....and thanks for allowing this wonderful resource, (CRG), to help with all aspects of camaro life.

DeanZ10

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2006, 04:14:08 AM »
when I had my pacer, I bought a set from a guy at the Charlotte auto fair. I just happened to see them as I walked by. Turns out I had been speaking with him online about the same thing. He sells them on Ebay under the name Krebbom. I am not 100% about the spelling. If you can't find him, let me know and I will dig deeper.
Good luck
Dean

ccmblack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 07:30:50 AM »
Dean thanks - I looked on ebay for the seller and the only Krebbom that I could find was selling/buying little toy horse figurines...if you run across his name again please email me at ccmblack@excite.com

anything