Author Topic: Leaving Friday Morning for Turlock, Need any Parts?  (Read 12155 times)

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Re: Leaving Friday Morning for Turlock, Need any Parts?
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »
Danny keep your eye's out for 1969 Camaro Z28 shifter linkage. I recently discovered mine isn't correct and I am in the market for some original shifter linkage, thanks.

Wisemanz28...   talk to Sgt Hawksley.  He and I did some trading a couple of years ago, and he has a '69 Z28 shifter/linkage, but NEEDS big block linkage.. maybe you both can end up bettering yourselves (if you happen to have BB linkage)...?
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2015, 05:50:26 PM »
Austin, as far as I know they still do, I haven't been for about five years now. No new projects yet.
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2015, 05:59:46 PM »
I think the school bus ride from meet to meet was about as impressive as the scale of how many guys came out to sell parts. You got the race track, and pit row, and then the fairgrounds were massive. I would have to guess it was a close second to Hershey PA fall swap meet. Hershey was more gas/oil/advertising though.
The Portland meet seemed to be primarily auto parts. The year it rained in Portland there was still a ton of guys out there. Good times.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 05:40:29 AM »
Well I am back at the hotel. WHAT A DAY!! I think I walked nearly the whole thing before 5pm. ALOT of stuff but nothing off my list. There wasn't a a lot of stuff or classic muscle cars. I went in all the buildings but I think there may have been a couple on the far side I didn't get to. According to what everybody said, it has gotten even bigger. So I guess I did good. There must have been 100 or more trim rings, NO 15 X 6, no linkage worth a crap, no mats, no distributors except for on obvious re-stamp. Anyway, ya don't need a list of what I didn't see. It was a lot of fun, but a lot of work for no pay off. And to top it off, I wrote down J52 instead of L52, so I didn't get to meet Jon Mello.  :( That pissed me off the most. I went to the info booth and they couldn't find his name on the list anywhere. And I have no access to the internet from my POS phone. Did I mention it was a lot of work?? It has been a 17hour day in the freezing 41 degree weather. NO SUN!!.. I gotta sleep ... D

PS I know 41 isn't cold compared to where some of you live. But this is CALI.. So don't post telling me the temp where you live ...  :) :)

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 05:54:38 AM »
The temp where I live was 83 today.... :D

of corse I live in southern California..

Just giving you a hard time Danny, I know where you are coming from , I am a bay area native.  ;D

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 03:33:35 PM »
that sounds like the local swap meet here. I don't think I have bought anything there but a speedometer gear for my transmission. we consider it a day to goof off and get exercise. they have a small car corral and interesting to look at.
someone has horded all the first gen parts...
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 08:50:23 PM »
Well Bill with the 3 cars you have, it should be that much easier to find parts that you are looking for right?

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 09:17:05 PM »
Danny, I got moved to another spot so we would have had a hard time meeting up. It was bitterly cold and miserable weather-wise. Never saw the sun, only my breath. Brought all kinds of sunscreen since it has been sunny and warm the past couple of years, but didn't need a drop of it. Barely remembered to bring a coat but even with it, I did not feel warm in any way. Was not a whole lot of fun, especially with trains running by the hotel all night long blowing their whistles. Next year I may do something else. We left at 2PM on Saturday. Only nice thing was I was able to buy an NOS cowl plenum duct from somebody.
Jon Mello
CRG

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 09:39:05 PM »
Well, this coming weekend there's a huge swapment (Sunday only actually) in Nashville (Coliseum at the racetrack)... inside and outside vendors..  you could come and try again?  :)   I hope to see Darrel Cook (again, and do some trading), as well as catch Steve and Bronze68 again....  :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

BillOhio

• View Profile
    • photobucket
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 10:10:13 PM »
Austin, the Chrysler is about impossible to find stuff for. There seems to be one guy making most of the reproduction/parts and I ordered everything I need. Heard his health wasn't the best and thought I better have it in case he quits. He makes seat covers, weatherstripping and door panel stuff himself. Takes some time also. Of course the windshield needed replaced and I ordered one and I think that guy gets them from Sweden! The hard top takes a different one so that didn't even work. I really enjoy my hobby!! The GTX just gets parts from any speed shop and I hope I am done on Z parts. It didn't need much just mostly cleaning up stuff.
1969 Z28, Burgandy, numbers matching, 12,900 miles
1968 RS 327 4 speed
1970 Z28 M22 4:10 bought from original owner
1961 Chrysler 300G convertible

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 11:05:37 PM »
Jon, I was standing there looking at the duct TODAY. I was going to buy it. That was me talking to Robert as HE was talking to you. Once I found out it was YOU on the phone, I of course backed off pushing my way for it. Can you imagine the guy buys a 1970 Z/28, and the duct is sitting in the car. You got yourself a nice original piece. GREAT original condition. I seen the price exchange. Sell it to me for a couple hundred more? Ok, $500 more... ha ha
 I went back today to try to catch you. But now I see you were long gone on Sat. And your name was not on the info sheet cause you were under another guys spot and sharing. And I guess Charlie L. did not show. So the guys parked in his spots. He was smart. And you are smart to have no cell phone. So bottom line... the stars did not align my Camaro friend..

I seen a guy with 4 T-3 headlights with the vertical lines for first gen, but they were lightly clouded. And probably ready to let go when plugged in, so I passed. Ok, nap time... Danny

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 11:55:17 PM »
Danny,

I definitely need it so I don't want to resell it. Thanks for not hammering the guy to get it. It will have a good home on my gold car.

Sorry we didn't get the chance to meet up but hopefully another time.
Jon Mello
CRG

HawkX66

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2015, 02:19:25 PM »
Danny keep your eye's out for 1969 Camaro Z28 shifter linkage. I recently discovered mine isn't correct and I am in the market for some original shifter linkage, thanks.

Wisemanz28...   talk to Sgt Hawksley.  He and I did some trading a couple of years ago, and he has a '69 Z28 shifter/linkage, but NEEDS big block linkage.. maybe you both can end up bettering yourselves (if you happen to have BB linkage)...?

Thanks Gary. I still have the rods and you're right, I do still need big block rods. I've accepted the fact that I'll have to go aftermarket considering I have a 73 M21 that I'll need to modify a shifter mount for. I'd do a trade for the a/m mount and a/m bb rods if it helps anyone out. Feel free to P/M me so I don't trample over Danny's post anymore than I already have.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

anything