Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Wanted : pictures of my Camaro in 1972-1979 A Sedan Championship

(1/6) > >>

eb911:
I am looking for period pictures of my car. It raced in en A Sedan championship from 72 to 79. It raced in the following events, or at least the ones I have managed to read in the original logbooks :
1972 :  Lime Rock - Driver : EARL HURLBUT
1973 – Cumberland XY, NNY National, Beyar Nationals - Driver : EARL HURLBUT
1974 -  Glen 100 Regional, Lime Rock National,  Glen National, September Sprints - Driver : EARL HURLBUT
1975 - Glen 100, Lime Rock National, Lime Rock Regional - Driver : EARL HURLBUT
1976 - Glen 100, Lime Rock Regional - Driver : EARL HURLBUT
1978 -  Fall festival Regional - Driver : CHIP BOATRIGHT 
1979 - Cabin fever Regional – Indianapolis raceway, Blackhawk, Mid-Ohio, Wor Games – Indianapolis raceway - Driver : CHIP BOATRIGHT

thanks.

The only period picture I have :

group/7:
I Also Found That Photo Somewhere On The net, Sometime Back. It Always Intrigued Me . Looking At The Paint Job On The Car, Is There A Canadian Connection ? Some Where In It's Life ? I See From What You Have As A log, It Raced Mostly In The States. Or Is It Like The Dick Jordan GT 350 R ? It Had A Green Leaf Logo On The door, as Part Of The Paint. Perhaps Someone Just Liked The Look.

Mike (group/7) In Canada

Jon Mello:
Eric, I also think that's the only vintage shot that I have of the car. It might be kind of fun to run your car's VIN through the Vintage Vehicle Services offered by GM Canada. It could tell you if the car was sold new in Canada and what part of the country it was from. I don't know anything about the original driver but it would be good to know if he was a Canadian or American racer.

eb911:
Thank you. I think EARL HURLBUT was american. The car was purchased new at a GM showroom in Rome, NY.
I haven't found any Canadian connection so far.

Jon Mello:
Don Davidson Motors in Rome, NY?  Did you get that information through the NCRS Muscle Docs service?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page