CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
January 29, 2015, 11:22:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
109223 Posts in 12650 Topics by 4861 Members
Latest Member: TFuehrer
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Decoding/Numbers
| | |-+  67-69 14x6 FC wheel date codes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 67-69 14x6 FC wheel date codes  (Read 2916 times)
gspraggins

View Profile Email
« on: December 11, 2008, 07:48:23 PM »

I have five FC wheels, which shows 67-69 Camaro in my Colvin's By the Numbers book.  The CRG data shows the FC wheels to have date codes on the lip instead of by the valve stem, but four of my wheels are dated around the valve stem like "K-1-8, 5, valve stem, 7, FC.  I'm trying to put together a set for my 68, but not sure what was correct.  Any help out there?
plumL78

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 09:50:44 AM »

From what I've seen all the FC wheels dated around the valve stem were late 68s like yours are and 69 wheels I've never seen a 67 wheel dated around the valve stem. I've got a couple with the #s on the lip too but most of my 67 wheels don't have any #s on the lip they say 67 on the inside.  My daughter has a 68 that had the orig steel wheels and they were FC  and  no lip #s. Its an oct. 67 car. If you are tring to do your car correct you need wheels that only say FC around the stem unless your car is built later than the  wheels you already have. I believe  In 67 FCs were SS wheels , In 68 they were base & SS wheels & in 69 they were only base wheels.
gspraggins

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 11:55:48 PM »

My car was assembled in late May 68, and my wheels are dates May 1 (1 wheel), May 6 (1 wheel), May 7 (2 wheels) around the valve stem.  So yes, they were a couple of weeks before car assembly.  I'm was trying to find a fifth for the spare and found an FC wheel that is dated 1968, but no numbers on the lip or around the valve stem.  These are indeed going on a 68 SS car with the orig SS hubcaps. 
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:54:08 AM »

Wheels typically are dated a month or two prior to the car's final assembly date.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
KurtS
CRG Coordinator

View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:19:46 PM »

In 67, FC were also optional on regular cars (RPO P12).

I'll update that wheel info when I get a chance.

Kurt S
CRG
gspraggins

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 03:40:14 PM »

Thanks for all the info so far.  I still have the question of whether or not Camaro FC wheels were date coded around the valve stem, and if not, where and how were they dated?
68SixBangerRS

Camaro Project from HELL

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: Today at 10:54:47 AM »

I have the original FC spare wheel for my 02D built '68 and there is no date code anywhere on it. I also have a matched set that I bought on CL from a plain jane '68 coupe, and they also have no date codes of any kind. Was K-H the manufacturer, and does the database on FC wheels need to be updated to show that sometimes FC wheels on '68s had no date codes?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: