Author Topic: Hello  (Read 10770 times)

lowco8

• View Profile
Hello
« on: December 26, 2014, 01:01:57 PM »
Hi, I am looking at buying another camaro. What do you estimate the cost of a one owner 1968 RS to be. It has all original everthing except the 327 is now a crate 350. P/W, Power glide, RS, buckets w/ console, tilt and p/S. Its in good condition and a relatively rust free CA car. Thanks in advance

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 02:30:32 PM »
Hard to say, sight unseen.  Can you post some pictures?   Does it look original or have you checked numbers?
Go to Hagerty Valuation Tool for a quote.

And welcome! You can get some great information from some knowledgeable people here. But you have to help us help you....  ;D
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 02:39:04 PM »
Top of my head visualizing a nice 68 non numbers RS Ca car...22K

lowco8

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2014, 02:10:14 PM »
It has the heater delete and its missing the rocker chrome. 

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2014, 03:55:43 PM »
lowco8, was that picture taken in Hawaii ?
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2014, 04:37:43 PM »
Looks like you won't need a heater... and the rocker molding is not that expensive.
So, if the interior, chassis, and drivetrain look (and run) as good, I'd say Charley is quoting a fair price.

Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

lowco8

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2014, 06:36:09 PM »
Thanks for all the replies.
Yes its in hawaii. I know I wont need a heater, but that means no blower or anything else for a/c. But if I buy it ill get the vintage air and power disk brakes.
Did RS's ever come from the factory without rocker moldings? Also the horn capl says camaro and no grill rs. But ive seen other rs' s with different horn caps. All paper work and protecto plate comes with it. I just wish he saved that engine.

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 01:22:58 AM »
Look closely at the Ebay ad. That car has a ton of rust. Look for another car. Are you in Hawaii and stuck with getting a Island car ?

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 01:28:29 AM »
Or pay less than 20 if you can live with the rust. It is not a relatively rust free Ca. Car. I doubt if it has been in Ca. since it was built.

lowco8

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2014, 03:56:08 AM »
Ahhh Charley you suck.  Just kidding.. I think you are right. I had visions of driving another 68 and was blinded. Oh well. I'm at 14k but I doubt that'll win. I'm not stuck with getting a Hawaii car, just that I could hop over there easy and its harder and expensive to fly to the main land. Plus you can't trust anyone nowadays... If I find a really good deal I'd go get it....

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 05:11:19 AM »
Hard to tell how rusty it is. You can see the front bottom of the door in the interior shot and it looks OK. But the rear bottom looks bad in the exterior pics.
I wouldn't run, but I'd look at it first.
Power windows, heater delete, and POP, that's nice.
124378L329849
Kurt S
CRG

Charley

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2014, 06:41:08 AM »
Also lots of bubbling under the rear window.

lowco8

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 07:54:11 AM »
What about this one? I just found this one after I was outbid on the first. Its another 68 RS, 350, bench seat and again no heater or a/c(also has bumperettes) Yes I saw the tow hook LOL. Does anyone recognize the pin striping? What was that on. Other than the white book, is there a good book that explains everything that came on Camaros? It has the hood two engines(including original) willwood front disk kit, original and rally rims and a rear spoiler. Tell me everything you see...  :)   I would rather be told now than regret it later. Thanks

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 02:35:20 PM »
I'd say looks clean but you need more pictures, as far as information this site is full of useful information, click on the red CRG upper right this page. Lowco8 is this another Hawaii car?
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.