Author Topic: 1968 Dealer Advertisement  (Read 4251 times)

68rs327conv

• View Profile
    • The build
1968 Dealer Advertisement
« on: December 24, 2014, 02:31:46 AM »
Picked this up on ebay, was supposedly from a dealership.  Copyright 1968 by Merchandising Directors Inc
Appears period correct with some wear, color are still bright, looks great framed, plus my car has air conditioning so I couldn't resist.
Anybody seen anything like this before or something similar?

Mike
Mike
68 RS Conv 327/210hp, Powerglide Factory AC

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Re: 1968 Dealer Advertisement
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 12:28:48 AM »
Anybody seen anything like this before or something similar?

Mike

Nope.

Paul

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 04:53:00 PM »
Okay, I'll bite...
Did the seller give you any idea what car maker? What dealership?
What kind of paper stock is it printed on?
It looks like a limited three color print, as opposed to full color, widely distributed.
There is no info on the Web about Merchandising Directors Inc...
Here is a 1959 full color ad by GM Harrison Division:
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 05:53:06 PM »
I do recall seeing a poster looking very much like that here in the late '60's or early '70's and if I recall it was posted on the front of one of the dealer's service desks inside the shop..
That would probably have been in a Chev / Olds dealership - but since I also had friends who worked in the service areas of a few different dealerships nearby for GM Ford and AMC I have no recollection or idea if it was in fact a GM poster or just one maybe from a company that supplied Freon or parts to service A/C systems in the vehicles..

68rs327conv

• View Profile
    • The build
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2015, 08:10:22 PM »
It is decent size 36" x 25" and is printed on thin paper and has numerous creases and tears around the edges.  Color is still bright.

Seller said his mother brought it home from a dealership that was going to trash it and put it away where it was forgotten about.

I like the Super Chevrolet Service logo that has Prompt Dependable Quality on the banner above it.  So it must be a Chevrolet dealership.

Lower right corners reads " Poster 1190-7 Printed in U.S.A. Copyright 1968 by Merchandising Directors Inc 7338 Woodward Avenue Detroit Mich 48202.

This will look great on the garage wall, I am very pleased with my 40.00 purchase.  I am really like to retro advertising of the era.

Mike
Mike
68 RS Conv 327/210hp, Powerglide Factory AC

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2015, 09:22:42 PM »
It is decent size 36" x 25" and is printed on thin paper and has numerous creases and tears around the edges.  Color is still bright.

Seller said his mother brought it home from a dealership that was going to trash it and put it away where it was forgotten about.

I like the Super Chevrolet Service logo that has Prompt Dependable Quality on the banner above it.  So it must be a Chevrolet dealership.

Lower right corners reads " Poster 1190-7 Printed in U.S.A. Copyright 1968 by Merchandising Directors Inc 7338 Woodward Avenue Detroit Mich 48202.

This will look great on the garage wall, I am very pleased with my 40.00 purchase.  I am really like to retro advertising of the era.

Mike
I thought that was a Super Chevy logo but that was hard to tell thanks to the pixel limit. It is also larger than it appeared in the picture.
Good pick. Congrats!
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

anything