Author Topic: 67 SS barn find  (Read 8824 times)

spartygw

• View Profile
67 SS barn find
« on: December 15, 2014, 09:15:50 PM »
Hi, my name is Gordon Warren.  Is Rich Fields still around?  I've been out of the Camaro game for some time, but I actually am the guy who did the original CRG logo you see on the home page.

In any event, I was contacted by a friend of mine as the only 1st gen Camaro guy he knew.

He was looking for help to advise a friend on a 67 SS that they've had parked in their barn.  The car hasn't moved in at least 3 years.  Insurance expired in 2011. 

It is in a barn and is dirty.

I have about 20 pictures I took today.  It's badged, painted and made to look like an SS396 but the trim tag has 4P which I understand makes it impossible to be an original ss396.

The block has been decked so the originality of the engine can not be verified.  It has some non-original parts (Edelbrock intake, HEI distributor, headers).

The radius rod is in tact.  It's a 4speed, I could not get underneath the car well enough to try to pull a VIN off the transmission.

I'll share some pictures and would appreciate any input on how to advise the owner on pricing the car for sale.

spartygw

• View Profile
Re: 67 SS barn find
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:20:34 PM »
200KB limit?

spartygw

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 09:22:24 PM »
more

spartygw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2014, 09:22:51 PM »

spartygw

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2014, 09:24:00 PM »

spartygw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 09:28:40 PM »

spartygw

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 09:29:06 PM »

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 09:51:18 PM »
Not a bad optioned little car.  I would double check the partials on the cowl though.  That vin has been off due to the rivets are not original (or at least appear to be by the photo).  By all signs its a small block SS/RS car with a Muncie trans.  Other than that at this point it is hard to tell for certain.  Hard for me to determine a price at this point.  Im sure others will chime in.

spartygw

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 11:15:39 PM »
I appreciate the reply, Mr. Cook.

I am basing the small block SS completely off the trim tag's "4P".  I'm not sure what else to look at beyond the trim tag.

In any case, the body is fantastic.  The doors close like a brand new car.  The floor pans and 1/4s I don't think have been replaced (at least I could not find seams from underneath or from inside the trunk).

The trunk is solid.  I took many more pics than what I posted but the limitations on posting pics here make it a little cumbersome.

The owner is not in a position where they need money.  They are well to do (helicopter pad on the residence).  They are just looking for help on HOW to sell it and a general ballpark.

My first guess is it's a solid $25-30K car since it's not the original engine and the color is not one that is at the top of most lists.

Interior is nearly perfect, just a little dirty.  Headliner, dash, seats all flawless.  1967 console looks perfect.

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2014, 12:33:24 AM »
I think those numbers are in the ball park... Looks solid no rust, and I like the Tahoe Turquoise. 8)
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 04:43:13 AM »
Neat looking car. 25k is probably not unrealistic. Can you post some pictures of the engine compartment?

Carbuff

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2014, 04:45:01 AM »
Barn find. Lol!

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 04:49:55 AM »
Gordon,
Nice to hear from you again! Remember the f-body list from decades ago?!
Color does not hurt it. It's my first choice for a 67.
Depends on how driveable it is and the underhood. But your guestimate is close.
Kurt S
CRG

spartygw

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2014, 05:00:28 AM »
Hey, it is a barn. :)

Kurt, believe it or not, the fbody list is still alive but we are down to a skeleton crew.

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2014, 05:39:14 AM »
I can believe it's still alive, but some topics work better on forums and some on email listserves.
For cars - forums. :)
Kurt S
CRG

anything