Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Bracket on Driver's Side Trunk Floor

(1/2) > >>

ZLP955:
When I started tidying up the trunk floor area of my ex-drag car, I came across a bracket (or remains of) attached to the driver's side of the trunk floor, just forward of the body plug hole - pictured below. It looks as though it was one piece at some point, and was then cut to leave the two sections connected to the floor pan. It doesn't look factory to me, and I haven't seen another one either in the AIM or in pictures of other similarly-optioned cars. But before I cut it off, thought it best to make sure that nobody here recognises it as something I've overlooked.......
If it does seem likely the original owner (and racer) of the car did add it, any idea what it could've been for  ???

1968RSZ28:
Fabricated exhaust system hanger?  ???

Paul

william:
It was likely the factory hanger for the standard single exhaust system; all '69 Camaros had it. Shown in the AIM in section 8 page A4.

Sauron327:
There is no such exhaust bracket welded to the floor at that location on either 67 I have here, nor was there ever.

ZLP955:
Thanks William, I guess it was a 69 only bracket then? Another member here very kindly sent me some photos of his bracket and it is in the exact same location, but the remains of mine appear to be welded to the trunk floor in a slightly different manner; was there more than one design of this bracket?
Interesting that the reproduction 1969 full trunk floors don't include this, and lots of restored cars I've looked at don't either - maybe because they have the repro floors??

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page