Author Topic: IS THIS ANOTHER MILLION DOLLAR 6 BANGER ?  (Read 10285 times)

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: IS THIS ANOTHER MILLION DOLLAR 6 BANGER ?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 08:36:53 PM »
In MI, you can run year of production plates for a lifetime for a 1-time fee. Easy choice for me....
Kurt S
CRG

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 09:28:21 PM »
Washington State we can't use any form of '69, 1969, sixT9 or sixTnine,  they say " sexual conations" ??? But some times we find ways around it :o
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

HawkX66

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »
In MI, you can run year of production plates for a lifetime for a 1-time fee. Easy choice for me....
That's what I'll be doing for my 69. You don't want to know what the 69 396 plate is on for now... It's my DD and tow vehicle.
And that's pretty pitiful in Washington state. I get what they're trying to do, but seriously, no 1969 on a 69 car?
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2014, 08:34:04 AM »
I got this "302" plate for my '69 Z 15 years ago - couldn't believe it was still available without the Mustang guys grabbing it.  :)
69 396 was still available. That is until recently ;-) I was pretty surprised. Especially in Michigan.
...I wonder what they would say about my plate....? But is this really an a official personal plate from Illinois as the seller told me, I'm sceptical! ;)
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

TRLAND

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2014, 01:54:02 PM »
...I wonder what they would say about my plate....? But is this really an a official personal plate from Illinois as the seller told me, I'm sceptical! ;)

Looks fine to me. In Illinois, personalized plates are a mix of letters and numbers. It's the current plate design that's been used for a number of years now. On the IL Secretary of State site you can plug in what you want to find out if it's available.
Mike in Northern Illinois
1967 RS 327

VINCE Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2014, 07:04:39 PM »
Hakan, you'd be shot on sight then sent back to Sweden..... ;D  Seriously, years ago I tried getting a " Vanity plate" that said "Slick 69" ( Hey I have a black shiny 69 camaro ) the state of Washington was not too impressed to say the least, they didn't say "NO" they said "HELL NO"!! you see everyone that wants a personalize plate (the State calls them Vanity Plates) must send them to Olympia for approval. One way to get around Olympia is to find a original old Washington plate that's in good shape, take it to the local licensing agent and you can have a plate with 69 on it and get a permanent registration.   8) Geez.... I hope no one from Olympia reads CRG's posts :-\
" He who knows naught, knows not that he knows naught"  It's not you...  It's just the way my brain is wired.

hgger69

• Hugger orange rules!
    • View Profile
    • Håkans Motorsida
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2014, 12:36:00 PM »

Looks fine to me. In Illinois, personalized plates are a mix of letters and numbers. It's the current plate design that's been used for a number of years now. On the IL Secretary of State site you can plug in what you want to find out if it's available.
Nice info, thanx! So that means that this is an official plate then?

Hakan, you'd be shot on sight then sent back to Sweden..... ;D  Seriously, years ago I tried getting a " Vanity plate" that said "Slick 69" ( Hey I have a black shiny 69 camaro ) the state of Washington was not too impressed to say the least, they didn't say "NO" they said "HELL NO"!! you see everyone that wants a personalize plate (the State calls them Vanity Plates) must send them to Olympia for approval. One way to get around Olympia is to find a original old Washington plate that's in good shape, take it to the local licensing agent and you can have a plate with 69 on it and get a permanent registration.   8) Geez.... I hope no one from Olympia reads CRG's posts :-\
Ha, ha, nice story, I'm glad I'm still in Sweden then! :)

Merry X-mas to y'all!
Regards,
Hakan from Sweden
1969 Camaro X44, hugger orange, 427 ZL-1 tribute, TH350, 4:10 12 bolt Posi, RPO Z87, black/white houndstooth, 14" steel wheels & dog dish, 02D built
www.hakansmotorsida.com

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 03:27:16 AM »

State DMV policies are interesting when it comes to vanity plates.

On my '69 RS, the plate is:  1969 RS      which the state had no problem with
On my 2011 SS, the plate is:  AWSUMSS    and I literally spent about 20 minutes convincing Nevada DVM that all it meant was "Awesome SS"
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

anything