Author Topic: A Very Rusty Proposition  (Read 16023 times)

HawkX66

• View Profile
Re: A Very Rusty Proposition
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2014, 04:16:41 AM »
Amazing that a 1 of 400-500 built car could end up like that. Glad to see you taking the challenge! I might have missed it, but do you know if it's an RS/SS 350 or 396?
I was hoping the vin could divulge the engine can you tell on the motor mounts? they look different as the driver side seems taller
Unless you can find some paperwork somewhere, the VIN isn't going to tell you much. The taller motor mount is definitely a good sign that it's a big block. You'll have to dig deeper though because that's a part that can easily have been unbolted and replaced. There are a lot of excellent resources out there that are going to be more than happy to help you research what might have come in it. Check out the orphan section to see if by chance the motor and tranny are out there. It's a start anyhow.
Also going to try to find last owner on title, he is the one that stripped it, even plan on going to last address out in rural area may still be pile of parts... BTW read another post that you did a solid favor for another Camaro guy      salute
Thanks and here's to hoping you find that pile of parts and then some! I'm looking forward to seeing you restore this one. Please keep us updated.

Hawk is a good friend, I know it helped out bentley big time. CRG pulls together when it counts
He's a heck of a good guy and deserved the help. Glad I could be there for him.
Dave
69 SS396 X66 L34 M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 Hugger Orange
Semper Fi!

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2014, 07:50:16 AM »
Here's the other subframe pic. Looks like the left frame mount is taller.
Not much proof, but that points to a BB.
Kurt S
CRG

ss jim

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2014, 01:47:28 PM »
It also looks like the left frame mount has been removed or replaced at one time. The bolts have been changed. Are you able to read the p/n on the mounts?

lowco8

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2015, 01:00:08 AM »
Jesus christ. some of you guys have the best freakin vision I have ever heard of. I could barely see the vin, how did you notice the bolts on the mount was different(I see it now that you pointed it out). And Really how the hell did you see the electric fuel pump. damn you guys are good. I read a lot of stuff and "think" I know something about Camaros, but I would NOT enter a game of who knows more.
Just another reason I read forums.

P.S. OP good luck on that project, hope it turns out great

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2015, 04:30:36 AM »
You know, it seems like everyone turns out quality work on here. I have never seen anything that a member did on here that wasn't top notch.

Just this past year you had guys buying real survivor cars and getting them road ready, and preserving the original paint, you BillOhio and Bentley getting quality work done on theirs. It seems like everyone on here has a good eye and wants to make sure everyone gets the most bang for their buck.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

anything