CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 05:14:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105763 Posts in 12346 Topics by 4757 Members
Latest Member: chelltab
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Mild Modifications
| | |-+  5 Speed swap?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 5 Speed swap?  (Read 2103 times)
kosanders

View Profile Email
« on: October 23, 2006, 04:58:59 AM »

Hey I'm new here.  Just picked up a 67 with a I6 3sp.  Looking to due the V8 conversion and a 5 speed. 

What can I use?  I know the aftermarket stuff, Tremec TKO, 500, 600 and the T56.  But are there any donor cars that have stout 5 speeds that would work?
Creekside Z11

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:52:39 PM »

don't know of any direct bolt in swaps available.

if you modify the crossmember the sky's  the limit.
sd1968z28

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 10:17:42 AM »

5 speed out of camaro, firebird bolt to original bell housing with little modification.  you can still use original throw out set up. modify crossmember slightly and move the location of hole in floor a couple in rearward.  remove 5speed shifter and flip it around and it fits in counsel once again this must be relocated about 2 inches rearward, no one will notice it.  i have done this many times, very simple. make sure you get trans from v-8 car.  must be early trans with speedo cable. late ones have electronic speedo.  should be able to by trans on e-bay for less than $500.00.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: