Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Hose Clamps

(1/4) > >>

ZLP955:
Looking into tracking down some original tower-style hose clamps. There seems to be many sizes available (no doubt manufactured for numerous other makes/models), but as these aren't cheap, don't want to get the wrong ones. Is the clamp size specified to suit the hose that they secure, or the maximum opening size of the clamp?
Anyone know the size for heater hoses (I believe there are 2 sizes) and upper and lower radiator hoses for a 1969 small block? (Not putting smog back on).
As far as I can tell, Wittek clamps were dated by quarter, so there would only be 4 date codes per calendar year.
Thanks for any help!

6667ss138:
Tim, you might email or call Bill Mock. He is an old Corvette judge from Oklahoma that rebuilds water pumps and has a lot of the old clamps. I just bought  several from him for my 69 Z and my 66 Chevelle SS big block car. He seems to really know his stuff and has been collecting them for years.

Mockauto@aol.com
(918)333-0748 or (918)214-5206

ZLP955:
Thanks for the tip Len!

BULLITT65:
I am pretty sure the heater hose sizes are 1" 1/16, and 1 3/16. Yes you are correct they were dated by quarter. ex 1/68, 2/68/ 3/68, by WITTEK. The originals still seem superior to reproductions. The repo ones, can bend and tilt the tower pretty easily.

Bill Mock is a good source, he had a couple clamps for me a while back. I am not sure on 68 clamps what he has though.

Kelley W King:
Re pops I bought were junk. They were a kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page