Author Topic: Who makes most accurate Spark Plug Wire sets? Also heartbeats transveres Muffler  (Read 11663 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
I want to get rid of my "Napa Auto Parts" light BLUE Plug wires and get a set of correct black reproduction. Is made in USA something to consider?
Price is with-in a few dollars.

"Bowtie Muscle Parts" says: Exact reproduction spark plug wire sets are manufactured to the original blueprint specifications. These sets are identical to the spark plug wires as they would have appeared on the vehicle when it shipped from the factory. They will look, fit and perform exactly as original.

"Heartbeat" says: Camaro spark plug wire set, dated 1-Q-68 for all 302, 307, 327, and 350 engines. These are high quality, assembly line correct reproductions of the original dated AC Delco spark plug wires. Our spark plug wires are a must if you plan on competing in any nationally judged car shows. These spark plug wires feature correct length, correct wire color, wire diameter, correct lettering, correct black 90 degree plug boots for small blocks applications as original. Made in the USA!

Also, is the transverse muffler that heartbeat sells good quality and fit? I can't find another company that makes one with that same approx. measurement of 24.5" X 10" X 4.25". And has the correct visual... Danny
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 09:19:49 PM by dannystarr »

ko-lek-tor

• someday I'll get one finished
    • View Profile
Probably both sets of wires come from the same manufacturer- Lectric Limited, my guess. Here is a link. http://lectriclimited.com/  Buy them direct if you like. Make sure you get the right 1/4 for build date of your car.
Bentley to friends :1969 SS/RS 396 owned 79
1969 SS 350 (sold)
1969 D.H.COPO replica 4spd. owned since 85
1967 302 4 spd 5.13

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
You're not looking very hard if you can't find the exact same items Heartbeat has for less $.....
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

dannystarr

• View Profile
Well Ricks have a muffler, but admit to it not being 100% correct. Camaro Central has one, but I don't know how correct it is... If somebody could tell me, that would be great. Cause they are ALOT cheaper than HB. I don't know if HB's is 100% correct either. However they have the best visual and measurements so far. Did a big search and found many pro-flow- and flow master and others... all incorrect of course. If you got a place I am open to suggestions... Plug me in  ;D... Danny

Steve68

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Take a look at these guys for the muffler.

http://www.gardnerexhaust.com/camaro-exhaust-systems.html

Steve

jacmac

• View Profile
Steve I believe Gardner will only sell complete exhaust systems & not parts.
69 Z10,69 ss396Chevelle, 71 Corvette

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
Well Ricks have a muffler, but admit to it not being 100% correct. Camaro Central has one, but I don't know how correct it is... If somebody could tell me, that would be great. Cause they are ALOT cheaper than HB. I don't know if HB's is 100% correct either. However they have the best visual and measurements so far. Did a big search and found many pro-flow- and flow master and others... all incorrect of course. If you got a place I am open to suggestions... Plug me in  ;D... Danny

Check with the D&R fellas....
http://www.drclassic.com/catalog/Camaro/Exhaust/Z00086-R.html
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

dannystarr

• View Profile
D & R is a no go...  :(
Muffler, Dual Exhaust, Aluminized 67-73
Part Number: Z00096
Correct 67-73 cross-flow muffler made of aluminized steel
This muffler is temporarily unavailable

They have a stainless one that will look way to shiny and new. And besides, it's $250 delivered!

Back to the drawing board. Any other suggestions?... D

68camaroz28

• View Profile
Steve I believe Gardner will only sell complete exhaust systems & not parts.
Gardner told me if you purchased the system from them you could purchase replacement parts. Possibly someone who purchased a Gardner system could obtain a muffler?????? Gardner seems to be the best of what's available but expensive & I remember PaceCar Jeff had an issue with their mufflers back a few years ago when the ends were all wrinkly looking and he ran into an issue as they told him they had changed suppliers. Not sure if that issue with the muffler was ever fixed as what Jeff showed looked terrible.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

Camarocards

• View Profile
I purchased a Gardner system last year and unfortunately the muffler problem reported by PaceCar Jeff still exists. You're right Chick, they do offer the best of what's out there and all of the rest of the exhaust system components are spot on in terms of quality and correctness. It's too bad the muffler problem hasn't been corrected.

Bob
Bob
'68 SS L35 01D

dannystarr

• View Profile
All I need is a Muffler, so I sure as hell don't want issues. Pace car Jeff had 12 mufflers from an old Chevy plant, and is down to just one. And it's pretty dented up. I missed out I guess. Now I don't even see the dented one, so it probably sold. I guess it's the HB one, as I need to get it going. Car seems to be running good and I want to get it quieted down. I will wait a while before purchasing, maybe someone will chime in. As always, thank you all for the effort... D

joesauer

• View Profile
Danny, one of the best 67-69 Camaro suppliers is located near you, in San Bruno, Ca.  Talk to Steve or Mike at Steves Camaro Parts (they have a web site also).  Steve is an expert, not just for parts, but also anything else to do with Gen 1's. 

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
Danny, one of the best 67-69 Camaro suppliers is located near you, in San Bruno, Ca.  Talk to Steve or Mike at Steves Camaro Parts (they have a web site also).  Steve is an expert, not just for parts, but also anything else to do with Gen 1's. 

http://www.stevescamaroparts.com/

Paul

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Danny, one of the best 67-69 Camaro suppliers is located near you, in San Bruno, Ca.  Talk to Steve or Mike at Steves Camaro Parts (they have a web site also).  Steve is an expert, not just for parts, but also anything else to do with Gen 1's.  

http://www.stevescamaroparts.com/
Paul

X2
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Mike S

• View Profile
I purchased a Gardner system last year and unfortunately the muffler problem reported by PaceCar Jeff still exists. You're right Chick, they do offer the best of what's out there and all of the rest of the exhaust system components are spot on in terms of quality and correctness. It's too bad the muffler problem hasn't been corrected.

Bob
WOW......that QC issue with the muffler is still around? For the kind of money he charges for the system it should be nothing short of perfect.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored