Author Topic: Pleasanton Good Guys Show This Saturday!  (Read 4207 times)

dannystarr

• View Profile
Pleasanton Good Guys Show This Saturday!
« on: November 07, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »
Any members going to the Good Guys show this Saturday? I will be there looking at all the cars of course, and swap meet stuff. Wanna try to find a couple things for my car. LMK if you are going and maybe we can meet up. Also if somebody is looking for a small part, maybe I can keep my eyes out for it... Danny

TooManyReels

• View Profile
Re: Pleasanton Good Guys Show This Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 01:13:32 AM »
Danny Star - Too far for me to travel. I went to the GGS at Charlotte motor Speedway two weekends ago and was a little confused at how GG's judged the cars. Got there early Friday morning to find out the structure with regards to GG's and was still confused until they told me that my car would be in the "Mighty Muscle". I ask what kind of cars are in this class and  I told its not a class it a group.

Anyway went back earlier Saturday morning, since they said there would be a lot of cars on pit road so in order to get a good spot I would need to be there very early (6:30 am) since they park the cars by class . But again, they don't have classes. Anyway had a great show. There were over 2600 cars, truck, home built cars, rat rods, low riders, rust buckets, to dust buckets, and an autocross track which was fun to watch. 

We received an award pick "Chevy Mighty Muscle" and invited back for Sunday's top 75-85 award winners to be park on pit road.  The swap meet and car coral was week compared to the AutoFair at CMS.  Over all a great show with a lot of nice looking vehicles.

Good luck in finding what you are looking for..

TMR
Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 03:05:15 AM »
Hey Eddie,
  Sounds like you had a good time. I have not gone to this show in years. It is the last big show of the year and the weather for the next 8 to 10 days shows 70's and 80's  ;D ;D  I was just hoping to meet some CRG guy and talk shop. It has a lot of all the things you mentioned. And a "Vettes for Vet's Parade which is cool. I wanted to take my car but it's just not quite ready. They have about 2,500 cars and a nice indoor show also. Then the show and shine car corral for "for sale" cars, and the swap meet of course. And a separate building for JUST the low riders. Which I think is nice. I need a 15 X 6 trim ring and an original Rad Cap and the like. Not a lot of stuff. Should be a good time... D

TooManyReels

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 11:11:42 AM »
Enjoy the show and you can't go wrong when the weather is in the mid 70"s. There is a swap meet in my city next weekend so if you send me a photo of what trim ring you are looking for I will keep my eyes open for one..

Eddie
Eddie
63 Chevy II SS 570hp 560tq.
69 Z28 X33 Cross Ram JL8

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 04:23:48 PM »
Danny that is probably the biggest show in the bay area, now a days. back in the 90's it was a great show and swap meet. You could do it all for $10 including parking. Then around 1995 Goodguys put there name on it, all the prices doubled to get in and they started charging for parking. It seemed like every year after that they kept doubling the price to park. I think the last year i went was around 2002, it was close to $10 to park, they combined the swap meet and the car show so you had to pay for both even if you just wanted to go to the swap meet. The price that year was like $30 by the time you got in the gate. (that is just to walk in, not show a car). They also raised the rates on the swap meet spots quite a bit. So instead of seeing a bunch of stalls with parts, more than half the swap meet was commercial vendors, (bad repro parts, stereo speakers, chrome polish, harbor freight tools)
Thats when the persona changed and I started to see guys walking around with shirts that read "Greedy Guys".

I hope things have changed because with the direction they were going I think it really hurt the little guy who wanted to check out some cars or the younger crowd which the hobby needs to continually grow.

Like I said, I hope things have changed for the better... :)
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2014, 11:54:25 PM »
Just got back. Things have I think, changed for the better. Parking is now $8. Adult to get in is $18, which includes swap meet, all buildings access, and the auto cross. I was there 5 hours!.. A ton of good stuff, but I just couldn't spend the money. Took me 2 hours to walk the swap meet alone. No cowl plenum stuff. Found 4 trim rings for $15. They are beat up, but so are mine. These are the correct 4 clip design. One is missing a couple clips. But they are all original 15 X 6 with one of the clips lined up directly at the valve stem notch, which is correct. Also a nice little craftsman set of 8 point sockets. That was on my list. A lot of nice cars. Only 2 '69 Z/28's. One Lemans, and the other Dusk. I walked up on a beautiful Hugger and as I was 25 feet away, it started and drove off. So I missed that one by just a couple minutes. Every thing was there from Mad Magazines to a 6 cylinder hemi from Italy and everything in between. I really enjoyed the big rig section indoors. Very nice '47 Peterbilt was my favorite.
 As far as this being the biggest in my area... the biggest is in Jan in Stanislaus County. That is the Turlock one. Acres and acres of parts. That takes a couple days to walk.
 So I got my trim ring. NOTE: If anybody has a need for a couple clips, LMK, and we can rob a couple off the one that already has one or two missing. Again, they are the 4 clip design... D

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 03:28:52 AM »
Glad to hear you had a good time. Turlock is a good swap meet, but I would agree it is not in the bay area, it is in the valley. The $26 is better, but I have been to Turlock, the Hershey fall meet in PA,  have been to Pomona, and I have been to the huge swap meet in portland (race track and fairgrounds), and I have never had to pay more than $10 to get in. So for my money, I would choose the extra 1 and 1/2 drive time, and go to Turlock.

Good for you seeing the cup half full and making a day of it! :D
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV