Author Topic: Warren Agor  (Read 12271 times)

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
Warren Agor
« on: October 30, 2014, 07:11:26 PM »
Very sad news - just learned that Warren passed Oct. 29 - only 72.

Spoke to him after many years at the 2013 Glen Sept. SVRA vintage races that featured the HTA group.

Warren was a top competitor in T/A, IMSA, and Can-AM - see   racingsportscars.com

Robert Barg

SMKZ28

• View Profile
Re: Warren Agor
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 10:20:00 PM »
I guess it is fitting that we just found this picture of one of his Camaros at the 1971 SCCA Runoffs held at Road Atlanta.

R.I.P. Warren
Scott
I don't have a 1st Gen but I have 1971 Z28 RS 4-spd, 1997 Z28 Z4C 6-spd, 2000 SS Convertible, 2010 RS 6-spd

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2014, 02:26:58 AM »
See also  IMSAblog Warren Agor for his racing story

Robert

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2014, 02:42:10 AM »
Sad news indeed, Robert. Thanks for letting us know. My condolences go out to his wife and family.
Jon Mello
CRG

rmbuilder

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 11:30:40 PM »
Some photos of the first, original Camaro, constructed by Agor Racing.

satman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2014, 12:46:54 AM »
Robert,

Better slow down a bit you Trans Am drivers are becoming an endangered species !!!

AL
(old Trans Am Mechanic) 

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 01:11:25 AM »
Some photos of the first, original Camaro, constructed by Agor Racing.

Those are two great shots of Warren and his earlier Camaro. Many thanks for posting them. If you've got any more we'd love to see them.
Jon Mello
CRG

rmbuilder

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2014, 08:07:41 PM »
Thanks Jon.

I met Warren in the showroom at Hoselton Chevrolet sometime in 1968 after his stint with Penske racing. The car you see in the driveway was not a body in white, it was actually a showroom car right from the dealer. We completely stripped the car down to a unibody and subframe and constructed the racecar exactly to the same standards as Penske racing. I shudder to think about what the collectors would pay currently for the houndstooth interior, instrument cluster, smog equipment, in the remainder of the OEM equipment we sold off for pennies on the dollar. The team Warren put together, comprised basically of enthusiasts, turned out one amazing race car. That car was the 1st, and only, car constructed from the ground up by the team. Ultimately the car was totaled at Road Atlanta. The remains of the car were brought home, stripped of all usable components, and put out to pasture. At that point in time Hoselton Chevrolet was in the process of constructing a new service center behind the dealership. The body and subframe were placed on the construction area, covered with dirt and remains buried there to this day.

Cheers,
Bob

Attached is a photo of Warren and Ron Fournier at the Newtown Squre race shop.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 01:47:18 AM »
Bob,

Terrific photo of Warren and Ron. Thank you! You've got some great photos in your collection.

Very intriguing info on Warren's orange '69 Camaro. I made an assumption that Brock Yates was driving Warren's old '69 at the 1971 Watkins Glen Trans-Am since the car was the same color, generally looked the same other than the car number, and was entered by Hoselton. If that's not the case, can you enlighten me (us) further? Would be great to get the facts right.
Jon Mello
CRG

BobBrandle

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 07:13:25 PM »
Bob, Robert and Ron,

An appreciated thread regarding Warren Agor, his passing and bits of his racing history. I first became associated with Warren and his racing team in 1973 and grew into a full volunteer crew member lasting through the 1977 season. My strongest involvement were with the Monza GT cars being a designer, fabricator,race crew member and photographer/videographer.

FYI, Warren will be inducted into the Watkins Glen Grand Prix Drivers Walk of Fame this coming Sept. 12, 2015. On Friday Sept-11 at the Corning Concourse and on Saturday at both the Watkins Glen Post Office and International Racing Research Center, the newly reconstructed  Agor 1977 Monza GT, after last September's crash,  will be on display along with a grouping of photo and memorabilia displays from Warren's entire career from the Penske Trans-Am Camaro time through the 1977 race season, as well as more recent SVRA vintage events. Family members and some team members will be attending. You're all welcome, if you're close enough to attend, etc.
I know it's really late to ask, but if any of you have any Warren Agor / Warren Agor Racing photos that you'd like to contribute (in digital form) to be possible included in the event display, as well as to be part of the digital documents archive DVD to be turned over to the International Racing Research Center n Watkins Glen, they'd be very much appreciated, even at this late date. Even after the event they would be appreciated and could be included in the archive of Warren Agor's racing career.
I'm coordinating all such documents and the display for the Agor family and currently involved team members.

I can easily be reached at bbrandle@hotmail.com. 

FYI, a few years ago I created with Warren, the Facebook site "Warren Agor Racing Team" in which there are already over 700 photos and some videos. What's still lacking are more photos from the early years.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2015, 01:33:45 PM »
Bob, thanks for your post and for letting us know about Warren's upcoming induction. I'll look through what I have to see if there might be an unpublished photo of Warren in the mix.
Jon Mello
CRG

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2021, 04:47:36 PM »
Here are two images I came across of the Schwartzott '69 Camaro, info in the Racing Camaros book, page 139 says this car went

to Agor for the '71 season.

Some memories plus the photos were posted on a Canadian forum in 2020.

(photo credit: Peter Schwartzott)

Oldtimer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2022, 12:46:40 AM »
I apologize for reopening an older thread but wanted to display a custom 1/18 scale diecast model that I completed today.

Following a great deal of research, including information from this forum, I was able to have a decal artist create a sheet that, hopefully, replicates the livery of the Warren Agor '69 Camaro.

My donor model was a GMP Todco Camaro, which we disassembled, stripped of the original paint, and then repainted and added our custom decals.

Donor:

20181208_113251 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

20181208_113453 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

I hope folks here appreciate the amount of effort required to produce a one-of-a-kind custom diecast model like this, and that you will approve of me sharing it at this time.

Final Reference Photo

Untitled by Jim Forte, on Flickr

Final Model

IMG_6562 by Jim Forte, on Flickr

MO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2022, 05:03:50 AM »
Man, what's not to like about that? Some creative differences, but still a great recreation!

Oldtimer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2022, 01:30:55 PM »
Man, what's not to like about that? Some creative differences, but still a great recreation!

Thanks!

It has already been pointed out to me that the rear spoiler should match the rest of the car, and that correction is in process.

anything