Author Topic: '68 L30 RS Conv. with 2 Broadcast Sheets and POP  (Read 4486 times)

68SixBangerRS

• Camaro Project from HELL
    • View Profile
'68 L30 RS Conv. with 2 Broadcast Sheets and POP
« on: October 22, 2014, 05:15:39 PM »
Hey Guys...hope this is the right spot for this topic. I may be wrong, but I think I read somewhere that NOR didn't put Broadcast Sheets in their cars, so naturally I have to debunk this.  I found this very nice '68 RS convertible (VIN: 124678N342134) on CL Toledo and am sending on its pertinent info with a couple of photos.  It is being advertised for $28k by its original owner (not many of those left!) and has a claimed 79k original miles.  The red on red color scheme is beautiful, but the owner switched from the original white top to a less exciting black one.  As far as 1st Gens go this one's loaded: 327/275 engine (code on POP is "EE"...is this an L30?), PG, console, tach/gauges, deluxe interior, tilt, PB, tinted glass and an AM radio.  I noticed it has a clutch fan without A/C, so is this part of the L30 option?  It also has Rally wheels, but the '67 center caps lead me to believe they may not have come with the car.  I don't know if it has disc brakes, or not (I'm not skilled at reading BC sheets).  One BC sheet appears to have masking tape in the top center, so I'm guessing this was how they were held to the cars as they went down the assembly line.  The drivetrain carries Oct. build dates.  Anyway, the rarity of the car plus the Broadcast Sheets and POP mean that someone on here should buy it and bring it to shows to debunk the stories about non-existant Norwood Broadcast sheets  ???.  I would buy it in a heartbeat if I could.  The link is posted below...happy hunting!

http://toledo.craigslist.org/cto/4706915217.html

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
Re: '68 L30 RS Conv. with 2 Broadcast Sheets and POP
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 06:36:50 AM »
These sheets were probably in the car and put in the car's folder by the dealer.
Both plants used broadcast sheets. It's just rare to find any except Chassis sheets in 69 LOS cars.

Rally's were added. Clutch fan is original.

Thanks for posting!
Kurt S
CRG

vtfb68

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 07:41:20 PM »
Kurt, or anybody.
  What is the best way to handle/clean a sheet that my brother found on top of his gas tank just this weekend (72 LA SS Nova)? it is very brittle and is covered with 40 yrs. of fine black soot. Im not going to a document restorer as it is not mine and he can care less about it. It seems even a weak vacuum with a brush would damage it further. It is currently between pages of the Sunday paper for safe keeping.
    Thank's for any advise,
    Victor
68 05C LA RS/SS U2 712 L34 M21 BR
68 08E LA RS Y2 749 L30 M35
67 11B LA  RS/SS M-1 797-Z L48 M21  Convertible

lakeholme

• 68-12D L30/M35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 10:16:27 PM »
Kurt, or anybody.
  What is the best way to handle/clean a sheet that my brother found on top of his gas tank just this weekend (72 LA SS Nova)? it is very brittle and is covered with 40 yrs. of fine black soot. Im not going to a document restorer as it is not mine and he can care less about it. It seems even a weak vacuum with a brush would damage it further. It is currently between pages of the Sunday paper for safe keeping.
    Thank's for any advise,
    Victor
Hopefully, your Sunday newspaper is printed on acid free paper.
If nothing else, make copies and then put the original in a suitable-sized clear plastic slip.  You can find them at antique stores. Then, keep it in a slightly cool, dark place.
I've got two British propaganda booklets from WWI that were stored in a linen closet until the 1990s, when I got them and stored them as I said.  They look brand new....
I doubt that cleaning it would be profitable as you describe it.  Anything that would impact the black soot (mold?) would hurt the paper.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:45:10 PM by lakeholme »
Phillip, HNR & NCR-AACA, Senior Master, Team Captain, Admin.,
Spring Southeastern Nationals chair, AACA National Director

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 03:07:48 AM »
Paging Mr. Groome......
Kurt S
CRG

anything