Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

1100837 alternator

(1/3) > >>

wisemanz28:
I'm looking at a 837 alt thats dated H 25 9. My car was built 9 A 9 and the motor is stamped H 25. Would this alternator be too late for my car?

x77-69z28:
The alternator stamp should be year/month/day. If I am reading this correctly, you have an 09A of 69 production car with an engine cast August 25th of 69. If the alternator is dated 9H25, it is NOT too late.

wisemanz28:
I did have that date written wrong, it is 9 H 25. I don't know how to post a pic of it on here, I'd like to to get an opinion on it.

z28z11:
Posting a pic is pretty easy - set your camera or phone to a macro setting for good resolution on a close up shot, take the pic, transfer it to 'My Pictures' on your computer. When you copy it from the camera or phone, make sure you copy as a jpeg (or jpg) file. Download any software that you would like to resize with from the internet (I use Light Image Resizer. it's free), resize to 800X600 resolution, and then save it under whatever file name you wish. When you reply on the site, just browse at the add pics area, find your file, and open - it will add it to the post. You can then add additional pics (up to four total per reply, files cannot be larger than 200 kb per attachment, 4 total per post. You're done -

Hopefully this helps; somebody correct me if I've got the string wrong. When I switched from a Blackberry to an iPhone, I had to go through the learning curve again due to the enormous file size generated by the high resolution iPhone camera. This works for me -

By all means post a pic. There are an awful lot of restamps out there - if you're unsure about authenticity, I'm sure you'll get a large number of responses if that's what you're needing -

Regards,
Steve

69Z28-RS:
My 09C Z28, built 18Sep1969, has the same 9H25 date on it's original alternator..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page