Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

Sway bar bracket change

(1/3) > >>

crobjones2:
While having difficulty trying to find replacement bushings for my sway bar, I often wondered when the change occurred. Any ideas? Would it make sense to create a research topic upon such? Having an 06A(2nd week) Norwood car, I can only assume the change to the larger, fingered, bracket happened before then.
What I have found soo far is that the bracket remained the same from 1967- some time in '69.  I can only surmise that the new bracket design may have been to accomidate the larger 13/16 sway bar for 1970.

JohnZ:

--- Quote from: crobjones2 on September 25, 2014, 12:39:25 AM ---While having difficulty trying to find replacement bushings for my sway bar, I often wondered when the change occurred. Any ideas?

--- End quote ---

My untouched 02D Norwood '69 (built 2/27) has the "fingers" sway bar bracket.

rsr:
Found this old post doing a search because I'm having trouble finding the correct fitting bushing for a 11/16 sway bar with the finger style brackets. Gotten several sets of Moog from major auto parts stores and the camaro aftermarket suppliers but when I find a bushing that can be used for the finger bracket it's for a 13/16 sway bar....get a bushing to fit the 11/16 sway bar and it's  to small for the finger bracket? I'm guessing the over seas manufacturing is the problem? I talked with Moog tech guy and he said the manufacture put the bushings in the boxes and very likely they are boxed wrong?I'd bet they are made wrong too! Now the old style bracket vs the finger bracket time of change seems to be in Feb based on the info from John Z...I have a O2B Z/28 never touched with the older style brackets? Thanks in advance...

crobjones2:
I ended up making my own, using the original as a template

X33RS:
Got a picture of this bracket your talking about?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page