Author Topic: Got a story of a car you "loved & lost" or sold? And found...years later? Share  (Read 2215 times)

jeffg1010

• View Profile
Another member referred me to this site because he heard about my book and knew there was a related story in this group.  I thought I'd share the book info in case anyone else out there has a story worth telling...

#96 on my bucket list is to write a book. But, when I first put it on there, I had no idea where the content would come from. But I am moving forward with it now.

I grew up in WV when coal mining was taking a dive. So, needless to say, we saw some tough economic times.

My dad was a car guy and he was always hauling home some rusty worn out car to build. As I grew up I learned a lot about car restoration and I saw many beautiful transformations in our driveway. However, it never failed, every couple of years, my dads company would close, or lay off. And the dreaded "For Sale" sign would come out in an effort to pay for a trip to the Beach, or Christmas toys.

Unfortunately for my dad, we have no clue as to the fate of his old cars. They have disappeared into our memories and the only remaining artifact is a few Polaroid photos.

So... if you have a car that you've located after MANY years apart, tell me your story!!!  I have an ISBN with a publisher to author a book titled "The Ones That Got Away". The project draft is already registered and my first draft is due very soon (I've already got one extension.)  :-\

The book will be a compilation of stories from folks who had classic cars trucks, or motorcycles that "got away" and they were able to locate them years later. I am looking for unique twists. So, even if it isn't a Camaro... go ahead and let me know about it.

OR... if you are searching, I may be able to help. So far, I've helped 2 people locate their cars, and I even helped a current owner find the original owner (kind of ...my plan, in reverse) Since I started this project 2 years ago, I have processed hundreds of leads, so I have read through some unique ideas in finding a car that could help others who are looking. Just let me know what info you have, and I may be able to lend some advice.

Share them with me here on the forum on our website www.theygotaway.com or at jeffg1010@yahoo.com. Please send me a description of the story and give as much detail as possible. I will be especially interested in stories with unique twists, or searches to uncover the mystery of "where it is now"

And if you know someone with a good story, feel free to refer this to them to follow up.

Thanks
Jeff
info@theygotaway.com
http://www.theygotaway.com
Like us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-O...69402729757456

rick 67

• View Profile
http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=10626.0
 Here is my story and there is more to it than what is posted. But 31 years from when I sold it in 1983 until I saw it again in 2014 after a year and a half search !

Rick

crobjones2

• View Profile
my camaro never quite got away - just haven't had her road worthy for 18 years
Chris
69 SS 350

anything