Author Topic: Indy legends Pro/Am Race  (Read 4473 times)

mdz

• View Profile
Indy legends Pro/Am Race
« on: August 27, 2014, 01:14:43 AM »
Just spotted this on Yahoo, not that I go to Yahoo for auto info, but never the less pretty good. Alex Lloyd drives a 69 Z at the pro/am race.
https://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/racing-indy-500-legends-in-a-1969-chevrolet-camaro-z-28-at-the-brickyard-190427562.html

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: Indy legends Pro/Am Race
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2014, 03:41:35 AM »
That's a pretty nice video. Thanks for posting. Warren Dernoshek told me that his son Logan won his race at that event driving their Yenko Stinger Corvair. I wonder if this is a one-time event or something they are planning to do there on an annual basis. Kinda neat to be able to run at a facility like Indy with so much history behind it.
Jon Mello
CRG

group/7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2014, 02:11:55 PM »
that's a pretty cool event, thanks for bringing the video to our attention. a friend of mine, tom pixley, ran his wheeler super-vee there. he said it was really a mind blowing experience.because of a shortage for cars in his category, he was put in a group with full out 500 cars. he said the speed difference was incredible. he pulled off after a couple of laps because he wasn't comfortable with that. he said it was a honor to be invited to this event.

mike....group/7

yenkomark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 10:32:51 PM »
  A small correction to Jon's post on the Indy Vintage race...Logan Dernoshek drove my Yenko Stinger , YS037, to a win. Got a big dent in the right front fender, a Porsche did want to be passed by a lowly Corvair on lap 2..made a sharp left turn into Logan, but bent his fender and cut a tire and spun out next lap. Our best race lap was 1:55 for the 2.44 mile, 14 turn course. Not bad for a 50 yr old Corvair ! I bought the car when I worked at Yenko in 1966.

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 03:14:08 AM »
Thanks for the correction, Mark.  Congratulations to you, Warren and Logan for such an outstanding win.
Jon Mello
CRG