Go to full version

Model Specific Discussions > Trans-Am Camaros

Racing gas caps

(1/4) > >>

Jon Mello:
Newton Equipment LTD makes a pretty nifty copy of the old Monza type racing gas caps that were originally made by Enots in Birmingham, England back in the day. These were often seen on Cobras and many other sports cars in the '50s and '60s. They were used on cars in the Trans-Am series as well until SCCA outlawed them for the '70 season. These new caps have the right look externally but have the nice safety feature of another "cap inside a cap" and you can even get a locking cap if you want. This was on one of the Trans-Am Mustangs at Monterey a couple of weeks ago.

Jon Mello:
Here are some photos of an original 3.5" diameter Enots filler cap. These pics are of the cap with the standard latch.

Writing on inside of cap says ENOTS B'HAM ENGLAND

Jon Mello:
These pics are of the 3.5" Enots cap with the optional double-roller latch.

Here is the filler cap on Jon Ward's Camaro at the 1968 Riverside Trans-Am...

Petersen Publishing photo

and here is a shot of another Enots cap in use on Mark Waco's Cougar, also at Riverside.

Petersen Publishing photo

bcmiller:
If my memory is right, there was an old sprint car we in the early 80s that had that type of cap on the fuel tank.

1109RWHP:
It's funny you would start a thread on filler caps as I am in the middle of fabricating the filler tube and installing the cap I have. I bought this one from a place called Crafty B. They make mostly old school street rod stuff but they have a lot of racing filler caps as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page