Author Topic: Camaro Performers magazine discontinued. GONE I TELL YOU....GONE GONE GONE!!!  (Read 16279 times)

DavidS

• z28.net
    • View Profile
    • www.z28.net
I'm in the same boat with my new copy of "Super Chevy".  Crud.

It's probably a lot worse though for the thousands that were laid off.

12 magazines were shut down:
http://www.mediapost.com/publications/article/227009/source-interlink-closes-distribution-arm-shutters.html

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Wow, at least car craft is still around.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

DavidS

• z28.net
    • View Profile
    • www.z28.net
This article says that less than 100 were laid off, so I'm not sure why the other article says thousands.

http://adage.com/article/media/source-interlink-media-folds-lays-100-employees/293469/

sdkar

• View Profile
Guys,
 There are MANY countries with All the qualities that you guys seem to long for. . . . pack up and move! Whining does nothing, just ask congress. Do you live in a bankrupt state living off the backs of California, New York, Texas and Colorado?
   The first step would be to get those states solvent. you have to fix the rust and dents before you can paint the whole car.  On a positive note I just recently found all my issues AUTOBUFF magazine!
     Victor

I am not going to pack up and move...

Why you would say that is bewildering to say the least.  And why do you assume anyone is whining about it?  You state this as if that by stating an observation to what I see around me, and the results of what I see as a consequence of bad leadership is someone whining.  All solutions start by first stating the problem.  And anyone who thinks that taking the first steps in solving a problem is to be considered whining, in my opinion, knows very little on problem solving.  So, I am not moving, nor is anyone whining.   

BULLITT65

• View Profile
So I shouldn't move???   :D

jdv69z

• 69 RS Z/28 52E
    • View Profile
It is the move away from liberty towards something else that concerns me. Apparently a lot of people do not see what is happening this way. Time will tell if I am correct.... I hope I am not!
Jimmy V.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
It is the move away from liberty towards something else that concerns me. Apparently a lot of people do not see what is happening this way. Time will tell if I am correct.... I hope I am not!
a lot of people get all their information from a 30 second sound bite. People vote based off of even less. Think of all the time we spend checking out a car before we go look at one. People don't research at all and go to the voting booth. So that is how the fund raising for advertising is such a large factor. The policy/candidate could be the worst ever but if it sold to the people through media as being great, and outspends the opposite view it tends to win. Problematic, sure. To me the question is how do you get the staunch republicans, or hard core democrats to actually educate themselves, and same goes for all the younger people who get their information from TMZ or Jon stewart. A very small fraction actually are aware of the current issues at hand. If you asked most people right now about "a ceasefire" they would think you are referring to ferguson mo. , and have no clue about the middle east, or ISIS in Iraq, or the Russia/Ukraine, or Iran. And now that the ferguson story is the headline, the border issue takes a back seat again, and for me that is probably my number 1 issue.
They (most uniformed people )only have knowledge of what the social media is talking about.
That is my take

1968 Z28

• View Profile
They (most uniformed people )only have knowledge of what the social media is talking about.
That is my take.
My take is that social media info is about 90% fiction and you have to do your own research to find the 10% fact.  I know lots of people that believe everything they receive on the social media network.  Gotta be true.....it's on the internet. ???
Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2nd. Owner, 38,000 miles

vtfb68

• View Profile
sdkar,
  So you think everything was great 7 years ago ???? really????  Take bulliitt's advice and read something factual in the library. So you think congress is great but Obama is the only problem ? The GOP stated after the last election that they were going to do "everything in their power to make this guy a one term president"  They screwed ALL of us. . . . wake up, but I hear NO mention of anybody else. . . why not????  My take is that failing to mention ALL the facts and blaming one guy for all your problems, without any soulitions is whi... call it what you want. We are all in the same boat. sorry to ruffel your feathers, but just like this site, I like truth and facts.
 Victor
68 05C LA RS/SS U2 712 L34 M21 BR
68 08E LA RS Y2 749 L30 M35
67 11B LA  RS/SS M-1 797-Z L48 M21  Convertible

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
We are wandering off guys. 

Let's keep it about cars...
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
> Let's keep it about cars...

Agreed. I won't lock it, yet.

The publishing industry is in a tough position and several veteran publications are going away or gone. Both magazines and newspapers, automotive and other. Not much to be done about that.... :(

Kurt S
CRG

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
And to change that subject back to the original posters lament on the mags going away...Reading books and or magazines and even writing letters is going away. I have to admit myself that I don't write letters home anymore like I did as a kid and the last big hardback book I read was about J. Edgar Hoover 10 years ago and I have hundreds of books like that that I ferociously read when I was younger. Just this past June I subscribed to MCR and Hemmings MM and got issues sent to me back to May and haven't even touched the August or September issues yet. In the past those mags would have been read in a matter of hours on the same day delivered and I still wouldn't be satisfied and screaming for more. At my age I just don't read anymore. Could it be the baby boomers are at the age where it doesn't matter anymore? Based on what I got from my own kids they complained relentlessly if I said pick up a book and read it and out of the many grand kids only one 14 year old grandson reads what I read as a kid, the rest don't have a clue what a book or mag is. The 2 biggest bookstores where I used to get my books/mags locally have packed up and are long gone.   
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile

I'll subscribe to that statement.

GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
Video killed the radio star ,internet killed mags and newspapers. I agree with Kurt ,keep it to cars.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

DavidS

• z28.net
    • View Profile
    • www.z28.net
In the movies.....at the morque, they always record the time and date the body was taken in.

In the same vein, I think that the last issue of Camaro Perfomers was July 2014.

anything