Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

69 04D 14x7 rally wheel trim ring & center caps

(1/3) > >>

Danzo:
Starting to look for trim rings & center caps. The trim rings should be the 4 clip design? What are the correct part numbers for the trim rings & center caps? Do these parts also have date codes? Thanks in advance. 

luv2sixty9:
Are they 14x7 YJ Coded Rims? If they are the four outer clips are incorrect.

69Z28-RS:

--- Quote from: luv2sixty9 on August 21, 2014, 12:31:10 PM ---Are they 14x7 YJ Coded Rims? If they are the four outer clips are incorrect.

--- End quote ---

Why do you think that?  and what do you think is correct?

sbmiano:
There are many posts in reference to this, I have an 04D 69 Z and it has been to the Camaro nationals twice, 2013 and 2014.  I have the finger clips all the way around and they passed.  It is "undetermined" what was actually used, lots of opinions.  My car scored 4857 out of 5000 points and I have spent many tireless hours making sure this car is factory correct.  After talks at the show with the prominent judges they are excepting both 4 clip and fingers so I have been told.  There are no dates on the trim rings and center caps.

Good Luck in your search

69Z28-RS:
I'm quite4 a bit older than you, Scott.. and I was driving these cars when they were new.. and I remember what is correct (or at least what all the cars I had access to came from the factory with).    I was asking Luv2sixty9 why he thought 4 outer clips were incorrect.... I'm curious why he thinks so... :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page