Author Topic: any of you ever sued over a car you bought  (Read 12587 times)

sdkar

• View Profile
Re: any of you ever sued over a car you bought
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »
When I posted my opinion, Kerr's post above mine was not present.  I guess we posted at about the same time.  Anyway, I see that it was a dealer, which may be helpful.  As stated, a dealer is held to a higher standard.  If you have a lawyer friend, and he is willing to help, well then take him up on that .  Seems like you have what you need to go from here.

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2014, 02:26:29 PM »
Outstanding advice from sdkar....  He knows what he is talking about..

bottom line:  If lawyers are involved...  no one wins..   except the lawyers..  :)
but I like his advice about small claims court... as a minimum, you might get the fella to bend a little your way with the threat of court?
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2014, 02:55:09 PM »
plot keeps thickening......I'm out on this.

Good advise guys.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

KERR

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 02:24:09 PM »
did some last night,

Radiator support is shot,  and now the bottom of the A piller where it ties into in the rockers pannel? is rusted has freaking holes in it...   Ive looked on line but i cant seem to find that section...  Am i calling it the wrong name or is just not made.    Its the lower piece where the door bolts on, the L part of that is shot,  where it ties into the rocker panel..  Ill get a better picture  but for now,  ( photo sucks,)  that the where the front fender and door meet,  thats the part i cant find.. 

Here is the seat brace i was talking about earlier,   

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 01:58:03 AM »
Quotes from the other thread about this car http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=11742.msg94858#msg94858:

"Yes i got the car from a dealer,  i dont think they knew the car had the problems,  and the way it was all hidden there was no way to to know.  besdides the roof,  i guess the car has been fixed correctley over time,  the body work was straight as can be, and gaps where good, also all the pannels sounded the same,"

"I am a dealer and he was a delaer but ive never had a issue like this."

The hackwork on this car was not hidden to the uneducated eye. One look at this indicates a low dollar problem car. I've seen this time and time again. People with no experience buy a POS and pay too much because they have no bodywork experience and fail to have a car inspected by someone who does.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 04:55:51 AM »
Perhaps the dealer that sold it to him, bought it without knowing the extent of the damage as well. Could it be possible it has changed hands a couple times since being "fixed" up?
Is there a statute of limitations when fraud is committed?
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Sauron327

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2014, 05:32:57 AM »
Perhaps the dealer that sold it to him, bought it without knowing the extent of the damage as well. Could it be possible it has changed hands a couple times since being "fixed" up?
Is there a statute of limitations when fraud is committed?

That makes three dealers who can't evaluate a car. How is it some can properly inspect a car's body and others cannot? Maybe that's why some of those who cannot call those who can.

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2014, 06:09:29 AM »
no argument here, just speculating how far back the problem could go and wondering if it is possible to nail the original guy who passed it off as a nicely restored car, but knew better.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

KERR

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2014, 06:31:02 PM »
yea i got the shaft thats for sure,

so earlier some one ask how i didnt see the rivets in the 1/4 panels,  so curiosity got to me,  dilled them out last night and the original panel is under it...  

so went from this, wen sanding it  to this

how thick the crap is where the 1/4 touch the rockers.  then over course the trim was on top of it.

as for the dealer part im not sure what you mean by that,  i never said i was expert, and since your digging up old post you probably saw that i ask a lot of question before i went and looked and checked out all the places that everyone on here said to look..   the next camaro i buy ill fly you in to in to inspect with your trained eye...        

as for the date,  i did find a tag that says ppc  or ppr,  on the back side it says 9-22-11  so i guess someone got parts then or maybe there was warranty that expired then or it was intalled then?    i should just another mid year,  they crack but the body doesnt rust lol.

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
Again, always have at least one other person with you when you inspection a car.  Two other VERY important things I use are the "tap test" using your fingers and a magnet.  There are some of the best ways to help determine how much bondo is in a car.  Even top notch restorations will have some.  But it is easy to tell how thick bondo is by sound and with a thin magnet (like those used behind business cards sometimes).

If the car was advertised as a 30K mile car, and I think you said that at some point, then you were probably seriously misled.
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

bcmiller

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2014, 11:50:56 PM »
Any updates on status of where you are with the dealer you bought the car from?
Bryon / 1968 Camaro SS 396 coupe - now old school 468 big block
1967 Camaro RS/SS 396 coupe L35/M40 - 4 generation family project
Looking for 68 Camaro with body # NOR 181016

basecoupe#79

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2014, 10:15:46 AM »
Wait till you get to the cowl area/under the windshield.