Author Topic: syracuse nationals crash  (Read 4135 times)

mls68z28

• View Profile
Mitch,1968 Z28 03C Norwood,03/18/68,Seneca Falls NY,Z/28 Emblems.Purchase 05/04/78

maroman

• View Profile
Re: syracuse nationals crash
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 09:14:54 PM »
The term Knucklehead comes to mind when I see stuff like this.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 10:27:03 PM »
Well even though they don't have all the details, and there was some poor decision making going on, I hope all involved come out healthy and learn from the accident.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 11:02:48 PM »
 This must be an error about the motorcyclist "...Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries and is listed in serious condition"
Non-life threatening and serious condition in the same line?
In my 40+ years of riding motorcycles I have yet to see a serious condition not life threatening if they collided as the early story is eluding to and judging from the damage.

The last time I personally witnessed a motorcyclist race an old GTO from a stop light, the bike went down within seconds of the green light when the bikes rear tire swung around.
The bike was a BMW with a shaft drive which are known to torque a bike.The event, though an embarrassment to the motorcyclists pride, caused a huge laugh with the real biker crowd who was there on the sides to watch this 'bravado' match as the motorcyclist challenged the car already at the street light.
We have a saying in the biker world....racing a car is bad arithmetic because 3000 (lbs for car) goes over 700 (lbs for bike) one time with nothing left over. (adjust weight to suit)

I hope all involved come out fine though their pride deserves the hurt.

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

rat pack

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 05:06:55 PM »
I hope they press charges against the driver of the Nova for child endarngerment. Just plain stupid to do this on the street to begin with, but with a minor in the car is just ignorant.......
Just keep livin......L I V I N .............