CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2014, 07:13:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
104616 Posts in 12242 Topics by 4719 Members
Latest Member: Baconcks
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Maintenance
| | |-+  Running Hot?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print
Author Topic: Running Hot?  (Read 1576 times)
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 10:20:58 AM »

My only reason for leaving the tubes in place is the 30 degree countersink under the tube - the tube seat seals that, then the flat nail head seals the top of the tube.

That's why I use the #10 x 1/2" flat head machine screws - they have a flat top, and a 30-degree taper on the bottom that matches the countersink in the manifold that would normally be sealed by the tube nut.

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
Vince

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2014, 05:34:56 PM »

I wanted to thank all you guys once again for your responses and help.  I am taking things one step at a time.  I think it has been narrowed down to a fuel percolation problem with excessive heat being produced from the exhaust manifolds due to the AIR pump pumping air all the time, due to a broken diaphragm in the diverter valve, plus a vacuum leak from the same cause.  The cooling system checks out fine.  The timing checks out fine.  I'm still looking for a racing gas distributor in my local area. 
What do you guys think about Joe Gibbs Driven Carb Defender Fuel Additive, for counteracting the ethanol in gas, possible help or waste of money?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: