Go to full version

Camaro Research Group Discussion > Originality

N34 Rosewood Question?

(1/4) > >>

Bryan302:
I have the chance to buy a mint rosewood that has been in storage for more than 35 years.  My question is, how much variation can be in the color of the rosewood rim?  The owner says that the rim has a very distinct pinkish tint!  I was just curious if they were more of a pinkish - orange color when new?  All other factors of this wheel are correct to a N34 wheel.  I know there is NO chance that this is a repop!  I have not seen this wheel yet, but need to be able to buy when I have the chance.   Do they all need to look like the examples in Ed's steering wheel section?  JohnZ and Ed, please give your opinion.

Thanks,
Bryan

HOT3O2:
I have my rosewood wheel I took off my car 35 years ago in a closet and I see no sign of a pinkish tint on it.

BULLITT65:
Just make sure you are not buying it from a guy out of Angola Indiana. He said the same thing, I was one of the lucky ones to get my money back. Many people got taken by that guy. I did end up finding a nice original. Although it is called a rosewood wheel it looks a bit more orange. I have not seen one with any pink in it, but I would love to see a pic when you see it or he sends you an image.  The repops always look to dark, and are easy to identify.

jims69:
Mine is not pink!   That sounds just goofy..............perhaps if he's color blind................

Jim

Charley:
Barely used or NOS ones are real dark in color and they get lighter in color as they get used.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page