Author Topic: My New '68 Camaro Z/28 Butternut Yellow  (Read 368926 times)

Kelley W King

• View Profile
Re: My New '68 Camaro Z/28 Butternut Yellow
« Reply #570 on: October 14, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »
Danny,
Contact allamericancarburetor.com or call 904 215 6790. They have done several for my brother. They look great and work great. Less than $300.00 on the last one but it needed extra parts. They test run them on an engine before sending it back.
69 Z28 RS Scuncio Hi Performance
69 SS L78
67 SS Chevelle
64 Corvette
66 GTO Tiger Gold
77 Trans Am Special Edition

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #571 on: October 15, 2014, 02:44:57 AM »
Thanx, I am thinking two ways on that. Do I want a big time company to pump it out? Do they do hundreds of different carbs and have updated equipment.? Do they know all the in's and out's of performance carbs? Or do I want a small shop in Lost Springs, Wyoming that does 3 or 4 different performance 60's carbs ONLY with an old timer teaching his kid the ropes, but has older equipment and is a bit out of touch? Don't wanna over analyze it, but I have spent over $1,200 on carbs, and STILL not driving my new car...  :( :(  Danny

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: October 15, 2014, 03:32:15 AM »
Why not call or message Eric at:

Carburetor rebuild & restoration
Engine & Driveline parts & services
www.vintagemusclecarparts.com
sales@vintagemusclecarparts.com
Temporary hours: MWF 10:00-4:00 Eastern
(937) 836-5927

He apparently does amazing work and is often complimented by many who frequent the Yenko Supercar Registry site...  http://www.yenko.net/

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #573 on: October 15, 2014, 04:18:18 AM »
Thanx, good to know. I do like the idea of the carb test run on an engine before shipping back. Maybe Eric does the same thing? I will touch base with him when I get a pocket full of cash. Danny

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #574 on: October 15, 2014, 04:27:17 AM »
 While the car is not mobile, I thought I would work on a story board. Kurt has helped me some grammatically and with a couple codes. Also shortened some things up as it was too "Wordy".. I thought I would run it by everyone before I make it happen and print it out. Any suggestions?... Danny

1968 Camaro Z/28 "Survivor"

Original “Butternut Yellow" Paint                                                                                                                      

55,000 Documented Original Miles                                          
                                           Mileage on Service Work Receipt Dated August 15th 1975 = 52,347.6
                                                                  Driven Only 2,652.4 Miles in 40 Years!  

Includes: Original Warranty Booklet & Protect -O-Plate        
                                                              Original Cowl Trim Tag
                                                              Original Factory Installed 302 MO Engine
                                                              Original Factory Installed Muncie M21 Transmission                              
                                                              Original Factory Installed Rear Axle Assembly - Code BU 3:73 Positraction
                                                              Original Factory Installed Interior

Options Include:  * Z/28 - “Special Performance 302”
                                                              * M21 Muncie 4-Speed Transmission
                                                              * G80 Positraction Axle
                                                              * J50/52 Power Front Disc Brakes
                                                              * U69 AM/FM Push Button Radio
                                                              * U80 Rear Deck Speaker
                                                              * N34 Walnut Woodgrain Steering Wheel
                                                              * N33 Tilt Steering Column                                    
                                                              * D80 Front & Rear Air Spoiler
                                                              * B93 Door Edge Guards

1968RSZ28

• View Profile
« Reply #575 on: October 15, 2014, 07:17:16 AM »
While the car is not mobile, I thought I would work on a story board. Kurt has helped me some grammatically and with a couple codes. Also shortened some things up as it was too "Wordy".. I thought I would run it by everyone before I make it happen and print it out. Any suggestions?... Danny

How about...  "Original California black & yellow license plates"  ?

Paul

TODD

• View Profile
« Reply #576 on: October 15, 2014, 11:58:41 AM »
Interesting distributor not functioning, got any pics of the springs and cam weights?
That's your original distributor right? Wonder if it is a bad breaker plate ground or something?
Pull that thing apart they are simple to rebuild.

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #577 on: October 15, 2014, 05:48:51 PM »
 Paul,
They are original CA plates, but if you notice, it is 1969. I don't think these are the original plates. I think when Richard Ward Anderson, the second owner purchased the car around March of '69, he got new plates with it. As they start with a "Y" ... And actually I am completely full for one page. I worked on it for hours, and you can't even add a period  ;D   .. With the pictures and emblems there is no more room...

TODD,
  I have never pulled one apart, but I am sure there isn't much to it. Remember it was advance starts at 11-1200 and all in by 2800-3000. Has 18 mechanical and 10 vacuum. You would think they would have found an issue when it was in the distributor machine. It had a lot of play, so I see little brass spacers/washers in it. I don't know, maybe I will watch a couple videos on how to do it. I do have an extra 532 point plate assembly with the shaft and all. But I think you are right, it has to be something shorting out. The problem is these companies take on too much work, and blow thru stuff to fast. I have had maybe 2 or 3 call backs in 25 years! Ya have to be able to turn work down sometimes, so you can put out consistent quality work. I have passed all State and Federal Inspections. I have worked on 10 million dollar homes with live baby Dolphins in the swimming pool! Never had a problem. Simple distributor that they have done 1000 times, and it's not correct. I need somebody with a good updated machine that rolls up to 6K and has a recent calc inspection for accuracy.
I am more concerned about the carb right now. But while it's down I'll check it out and see what I find. I'll post pictures as I go. 

I also need someone that can rebuild my original Master, and both front 4 piston calipers in BRASS. Power Brake Exchange is about an hour and 30 minutes from me, but only uses stainless. I guess that's the more of a show car thing. It's all about what happens with the carb thing. I can't afford to have all this done right now. As long as Charlie lets me keep the Dist. for a couple months, maybe I can get some Winter CA drives in on nice days... Danny

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: October 17, 2014, 12:59:56 AM »

I also need someone that can rebuild my original Master, and both front 4 piston calipers in BRASS.

White Post sleeves with brass, has done lots of work for me over the last 20 years.  (www.whitepost.com)
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: October 17, 2014, 02:54:41 AM »
no leaks over the winter with the 4 piston?
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: October 17, 2014, 04:04:07 AM »
Yup, being a NOR car, the plates were probably from when the owner moved to CA.
Kurt S
CRG

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #581 on: October 17, 2014, 07:49:07 AM »
Some fun Interesting dates... I don't think anybody moved to Cali. I think it was either overseas, or ordered overseas by a serviceman and stayed here?. Then traded in after about 18K miles. Then the second owner seen the ad in the paper and bought it.
 NCRS says Original Production Date = 6/4/68   ... Danny

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:12:36 AM by dannystarr »

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #582 on: October 17, 2014, 07:53:45 AM »
Temp Registration ID windshield tag for Owner in 4/12/69. Hence the second owner getting Plates that start with a "Y"... For '69.. Danny

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #583 on: October 17, 2014, 07:58:21 AM »
I was told I should not have this sheet, and that the customer doesn't get this. Is this a BS story or what?.. D
 Also envelope it was sent in... Post Makrked 4/14/69

Date Car was first put into service = 6/18/68
 This has date vehicle acquired = 3/26/69
 Date of Application = 4/12/69

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:22:00 AM by dannystarr »

dannystarr

• View Profile
« Reply #584 on: October 17, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »
The ad from from Fremont Chevrolet in the "The Argus" Newspaper Saturday March 1st. 1969

anything