CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 21, 2014, 08:50:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
105585 Posts in 12331 Topics by 4753 Members
Latest Member: stpatrick
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  Did all cowl induction air cleaners have the vent tube??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did all cowl induction air cleaners have the vent tube??  (Read 411 times)
Northernforce

View Profile Email
« on: July 10, 2014, 12:51:03 PM »

I went to look at some bumoers for my sons 67RS.Started talking with the guy and he said he had a cowl induction air cleaner that he took off a 69 Camaro 30 years ago. It apperars to be a flat bottom one but when I flipped it over there was no vent tube? The snout looked like a Gm one-maybe it was for something else. Sorry my camera died so no pictures. May go back though. Thanks in advance for all your inut!

Dave
copo

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2014, 12:56:36 PM »

Yes, all cowl induction air cleaners had the vent tube.
Northernforce

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 08:43:46 PM »

Thanks-wonder what it is off of-it had the correct camaro flange with th "W" stamped on it-and seems to be the same diameter as a cowl air cleaner-and a flat bottom!

Dave
Stingr69

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 03:41:46 PM »

'69 would obviously need the crankcase vent inlet tube.  How else would PCV air get in the crank case?

Makes me think about the '67 crankcase ventillation system.......Not sure about that one.  Maybe somone more familiar with the '67 setup will add soemthing here?   HMMMM???

-Mark.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: