Author Topic: Farewell And The Best For Ed!  (Read 18204 times)

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
Re: Farewell And The Best For Ed!
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »
Why do we have to take it so personal when someone gives their "opinion" as to whether or not something is legit?  I started out on this site quoting Colvin, saying I had a rare DZ block casting # and really thought I had something.  Then it was divulged that it wasn't so rare at all and Colvin kind of jumped the gun.  Info comes and changes things.  At first I thought screw you guys, you don't know what you're talking about.  Then I had a 480 dist. from a 69 DZ engine that was in my 68 and the engine was put in there 35 years ago.  The experts said the 480 was a restamp.  I could try to justify it all day long as being there before anyone would want or need to restamp something,  But the consensous of experts was that it is a restamp, so there is nothing short of me having a video of the dist. being made that is going to change what the experts say, so I have to live with it and am selling it on the basis and price of being a restamp.  Am I happy that this was the outcome? No.  But I have to accept the reality of things or be bitter and lash out.  I would rather not be bitter, so it's a choice of accepting reality.  I do not take it personal. 

Ed I wish you would reconsider.

umm,love the site, but 35 years ago nobody was re-stamping, most likely tossed for an Accel dual point . Nothing more than a GM single point distributer. Why do you think these parts are so rare? I would reconsider selling it as such.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2014, 04:24:56 AM »
As a matter of fact, late 80's into early 90's did Super Chevy ,Parts Plus ,Good Guys and Popular Hot Rodding, Muscle Car Nats(drag racing at Norwalk) throw in Auto Rama,  and nooobody cared about an original paint , Ash Gold,numbers match Z. At Hot Rod (Youngstown) I was asked by the staff "when I was going to do something with it?" Put off ? nope. Mothballed the car for the most part, and got into jet skiing.   Re think that distributer 68Zproject.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2014, 06:24:45 AM »
I hope Ed takes a well-deserved break and comes back in a while.
He is a valuable asset on the forum.

Like I said "hoping we can all work together" but that is now me "stirring the pot" and words to get me banned.
You may have said that, but you also posted much more, dragging the axle discussion into a third thread.
The other forum members are clear that it wasn't appropriate.
Kurt S
CRG

BULLITT65

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2014, 03:00:02 PM »
I apologize for muddying the water on this thread for Ed.

Thank you for cleaning up the other posts, and threads
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

motorman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2014, 03:11:43 PM »
Why do we have to take it so personal when someone gives their "opinion" as to whether or not something is legit?  I started out on this site quoting Colvin, saying I had a rare DZ block casting # and really thought I had something.  Then it was divulged that it wasn't so rare at all and Colvin kind of jumped the gun.  Info comes and changes things.  At first I thought screw you guys, you don't know what you're talking about.  Then I had a 480 dist. from a 69 DZ engine that was in my 68 and the engine was put in there 35 years ago.  The experts said the 480 was a restamp.  I could try to justify it all day long as being there before anyone would want or need to restamp something,  But the consensous of experts was that it is a restamp, so there is nothing short of me having a video of the dist. being made that is going to change what the experts say, so I have to live with it and am selling it on the basis and price of being a restamp.  Am I happy that this was the outcome? No.  But I have to accept the reality of things or be bitter and lash out.  I would rather not be bitter, so it's a choice of accepting reality.  I do not take it personal. 

when people make money out of a hobby you are fighting a up hill battle to change their mind. just ask me.
new Camaros owned 68 and 69 Z-28. new Corvettes owned 59,62,63,64,65,66,97,99 02,05 and 08. retired race engine builder, former NASCAR tech inspector

MyRed67

• SZZLN 67
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 08:51:00 PM »

X2 , I wish you would reconsider.  You have added a lot of good input here.  I also ran into some input here that didn't agree with what I believed, and still do, to be original parts(seatbelts).  I cleaned them up and used them anyhow, and let the subject drop.  My car is not a "high-dollar" car anyhow, so how important is it?
1967 Camaro  LOS  11A
Original Engine   Z - Tribute
Mike C.    NW - Illinois

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2014, 01:42:18 AM »
No problem Austin.
The forum needed some edits to get the tone back to where it normally is. :)
Kurt S
CRG

bergy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2014, 09:21:20 AM »
I hope Ed takes a brief respite and comes back as a contributor to this site.  Hate to lose his knowledge. 

JoeC

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2014, 12:28:57 PM »
where can I get a "Save ED" tee shirt? :)

I hope Ed returns also

Mike S

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 12:56:18 PM »

Ed will be back....it's in his blood not to quit, I'm sure.  ;)

Mike
67 04B LOS SS/RS L35 Hardtop - Original w/UOIT
67 05B NOR SS/RS L35 Convertible - Restored

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 04:48:08 PM »
I guess I missed something..again. Wow, how things can change so fast these days. Ed, I'm sure you'll not be very far away and hope your still contributing somehow, somewhere and someway. Good luck!!!
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

JKZ27

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 06:35:00 PM »
I don't know Ed but I would guess his decision is not about quitting, its about distancing himself from dumb stuff or undue stress. Now, its up to us to eliminate those things and await his return. As a user and a fan of this site I realize the CRG and its core owe me nothing. I also realize the opinions handed out on this site carry a lot of weight in the collector car world and can have a lasting impact on how a car or part is perceived, so if I ask... I must respect...like it or not.
Thanks CRG. Thanks to those who wrote and sold books also. Wish I had more to contribute.
John
69 RS/SS Cortez Silver, L48 MC1
68 RS Ash/Ivy Gold 327EFI M20

KurtS

• CRG Coordinator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »
Summation:
Austin started a thread about how he was told that his axle stamp wasn't typical.
Phil (festival) jumped in and just stirred things up. Clem posted too. Ed got frustrated and said he was done.
After Phil posts another attack, he then blamed me for not shutting down the thread.
I banned him. The whole thread was negativity, so I removed it.

Noone is happy to see Ed leave. But PM's are 100% about banning Phil.

Hope we can get back to the cars now.
Kurt S
CRG

1968 Z28

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2014, 07:20:21 PM »
Kurt...well said and I agree 100% with your actions.

BTW....welcome home.  Hope your year away was eventful and enjoyable.

Jerry G.

Z28-1968-07C-Norwood
Ermine White, Red Std. Interior
2nd. Owner, 38,000 miles

rszmjt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2014, 10:15:41 PM »
I cant believe how the verbal actions of certain individuals can cause such a predicament, Why Cant we all just get along?

Ed is a MAJOR bonus to this site, I would sincerely Hope he can get past what has transpired and bring his wealth of knowledge back to us.

Kurt  - I Agree 100% also, some of the posts had unnecessary attitude.

anything