Author Topic: 2014 Norwood Event is planned  (Read 3679 times)

festival

• View Profile
2014 Norwood Event is planned
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »
OK Here we go.. We have a free event planned at the legacy GM Norwood Parts warehouse on August 9th.

This is a joint micro event planned by the UAW 674 and GM in conjunction with an open house event where you will be able to display your car, tour the GM facility, meet current employees of GM and meet retired Norwood workers.

Cars attending (that I schedule) will get a preferential display area. This is an outdoor event so plan accordingly for the weather.

Some Background: The GM Parts warehouse was located at the Norwood plant until 1965 when it and its employees were relocated to another nearby location along with the Norwood Zone office which then became the Cincinnati Zone office.

If you would like to participate post up and I will get you the info.  ;D

BULLITT65

• View Profile
Re: 2014 Norwood Event is planned
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:56:34 PM »
Thanks festival, that sounds like a neat way to spend a day. I will not be able to attend, but I look forward to seeing some cool pics to feel like I was there. Thanks for heading this up.
1969 garnet red Z/28 46k mile unrestored X77
-Looking for 3192477 (front) spiral shocks 3192851 (rear)
-Looking for an original LOF soft ray windshield
-Looking for original Delco side post negative battery cable part # 6297651AV

NoYenko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 10:51:55 PM »
Phil I had a great time last year talking with the retired workers, many interesting stories, and they seemed to like my partial completed car. I would enjoy coming back if possible. George

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 11:59:52 PM »
I would too enjoy coming.  Not sure if I would bring anything.  But definitely love to come and meet everyone; see and hear the stories.

festival

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 04:31:28 AM »
Planning for the August event is suspended at this time due to the untimely passing of UAW 674 president David Harris. David worked the lines at Norwood as a UAW member and later as a supervisor for GM. After the closure in 1987 David continued working through his retirement ultimately running for and being elected the president of the active UAW 674 while technically still in retirement.

A car hobbyist had no better friend than David.

Always quick with a smile, words of encouragement and ready to help car owners meet the people who built the cars of NORWOOD.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 10:33:11 PM »
I hate to hear that.  Godspeed

anything