Author Topic: 68 Camaro Restoration Plan - Bodywork costs.  (Read 1630 times)

CamaroDream68

• View Profile
Re: 68 Camaro Restoration Plan - Bodywork costs.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2024, 01:50:59 AM »
So been doing a little more looking over on this car. Is there a way to check the body and frame for any sagging? Earlier I had mentioned that I thought there was a sag but in all reality, I think this may actually just be the doors sagging or misaligned. I've been reading and watching videos that the pins can go bad, and the door could just be hanging wrong.  Is it just as simple as referencing the Fisher body measurements from the floor to frame to check this? The driver side door is tight up top. Maybe 1/32nd gap. The bottom is id say close to 3/16s gap.  The passenger side door opens and closes a lot smoother than the driver side. Passenger door to quarter top gap is 1/8 and bottom is close to 1/4".

Basically what I'm trying to do is determine if I have any structural sagging issues. If I don't great, but if I do I would want to determine best steps on how to level her off while I go in and replace the pans and rockers is need be. The inner and outer rockers honestly look good from close up inspections. No holes, no bubbling. But the pans are gone.

Thanks, all of your guys input has been appreciated .

Dave C.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2024, 03:24:14 PM »
Your door hinges are worn out.  I start there with every project before replacing sheet metal.  Rebuild hinges and align doors to observe your gaps before cutting any metal. 

rlw68

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2024, 04:42:02 PM »
The 'Installation Center' in Georgia specializes in AMD sheet metal replacement.  Their website provides information on parts and labor costs.

https://theinstallationcenter.com/

https://www.facebook.com/AMDinstallation
Rob
1969 02D Norwood Z/28. Lemans Blue 715

David K

• Dr. Longblock
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2024, 06:41:05 PM »
I would suggest taking measurements between the body and ground, like shown in the AIM.

CantRepeat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2024, 09:26:54 PM »
I would suggest taking measurements between the body and ground, like shown in the AIM.

I wish I would have done that before I pulled my subframe off for restoration. I didn't think far enough forward to do this and now that I'm putting the subframe back on I wish I had.
-Tim
67 RS/SS Vert C-1 797-Z LOS 11B
EXDL 2EMGR 3SL
4P

anything