Author Topic: 2013 Watkins Glen and Lime Rock HTA events  (Read 17977 times)

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 Watkins Glen and Lime Rock HTA events
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
Jimmy Huston has put up his race photos from the Watkins Glen event on the HTA website. Nice to see
some photos of our "oldtransamdriver" buddy Robert Barg socializing with several of the drivers and it
was also great to see the pictures of the Trans-Am cars cruising through the town of Watkins Glen itself,
much to the delight of the residents and visitors. Well, maybe not all the residents.

http://www.historictransam.com/racephotos/2013WatkinsGlen-1.html
Jon Mello
CRG

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 12:06:00 AM »
Forgot to post this, but sadlly I learned that weekend, that Paul Nichter has passed.  "Nic" raced that ex Jowett 68 camaro very hard - he was one of the leading independant drivers
and had several top 10 finishes. "Just drive the wheels off of that camaro" he told me one day.

Robert Barg

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2013, 05:11:10 AM »
Robert, I'm sorry to hear of his passing. He was one of the better independent Camaro racers in the early '70s.
I think he must been trying to drive the wheels off his car when he crashed at Bridgehampton.

Jon Mello
CRG

oldtransamdriver

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2014, 03:18:39 AM »
Just acquired the Nov/Dec issue of Vintage Motorsport that has a report on the race weekend, and on page 121 a nice photo of the Brock Yates "Sunday Driver" car, owned by
Warren Agor.  I did manage to speak to the crew of that car at the Glen, now owned by Jim Reed.  Back in the day, I raced against Brock in that car at Michigan and the Glen.

I was surprised to run into the original mechanic Rick Dilcher, who built the car for Warren.  Rick also was involved with Dimension Racing who built the 69 Camaro for
Peter Schwartzott and later the 510 that Peter raced. I knew them both from those days.

Robert Barg

Jon Mello

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2014, 04:08:12 AM »
Good information, Robert. Thanks for sharing.
Jon Mello
CRG

anything