Author Topic: Ron Pratte collection  (Read 33662 times)

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
Re: Ron Pratte collection
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2015, 12:08:46 AM »
If we assume that when it was certified, it was as a rebodied/restoration drivetrain vehicle as indicated by the second and final certification. The  professional appraisal value was 100,000-120,000 in 2008. No one on this site questioned the appraisal value then.... I don't know why, to me it was virtually worthless unless you collect documentation.  So logically if it was worth what it appraised for in 2008 at 100-120K, then based on the increased value in cars 148K is not unrealistic in today market.

Again the car has very little value whether it was in 2008 or 2015. There is nothing original and should be valued at nicely restored clone cars...but that's just my opinion.

I would guess that most of us share your opinion, Steve...  but then it IS a *pretty car*, and with B-J pushing certain cars, there are many big$$ folks there who bid on 'pretty', in response to the 'push' that B-J provides them...?   

but personally, pretty or not, I wouldn't trade my original, unrestored, partially-disassembled *real*  Z28 for it..  :)
    ditto. although I did want to repaint...my car. What I do not understand is how a re-body can stack up against a car whose un-original sheet metal can fit in the palm of one's hand ? And no filler. Of course there are those who go ga-ga over re-stamped carbs and alternators. Guess it depends who is pitching the car. Rule of thumb should be put your hand on what it rolled out off the line with.
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

69Z28-RS

• owner since 4-Apr-1976
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2015, 03:10:35 AM »
Can somebody please explain this all to me? How is it that what is now acknowledged as being a rebodied Z28 with a Jerry MacNeish  report from 2008 stating it has a "restoration drive train" ever be worth anything close to 148K. Confused..........

Is the VIN of the donor body known by anyone? Other than by whoever did the re-body?

I haven't seen where anyone is bragging about that one..  :)
09C 69Z28-RS, 72 B 720 cowl console rosewood tint
69 Corvette, '60 Corvette, '72 Corvette
90 ZR1 red/red #246, 90 ZR1 white/gray #2466
72 El Camino, '55-'56-'57 Nomads, '55-'57 B/A Sedan

Classic Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2015, 06:09:19 PM »
Can somebody please explain this all to me? How is it that what is now acknowledged as being a rebodied Z28 with a Jerry MacNeish  report from 2008 stating it has a "restoration drive train" ever be worth anything close to 148K. Confused..........

Is the VIN of the donor body known by anyone? Other than by whoever did the re-body?

I haven't seen where anyone is bragging about that one..  :)

Bragging? Hiding would be a better option. But then nobody really cares anymore anyway.
opinions are like wallets, some just aren't worth stealin'.

Classic Gary

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2015, 06:51:47 PM »
 This car was outed on this site and TC, so much so that Mike Joy himself signed up to post about the car. [/quote]

wonder if i should ask Mike Joy for an apology, ha ha ha ha ha....................
opinions are like wallets, some just aren't worth stealin'.

anything