Author Topic: Force is back  (Read 2836 times)

maroman

• View Profile
Force is back
« on: January 19, 2015, 03:16:02 PM »
John Force will be running Camaro bodies on all three of his funny cars this year. Too bad they aren't first gens.
Doug  '67 RS/SS 396 auto I know the car since new

dutch

• Documented Canadian 1968 Z/28
    • View Profile
Re: Force is back
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »
I never would have bought a Furd anyway so it's mute point... but now that Castrol has pulled out of sponsoring JFR and have quit buying their oil and other products..
I know its mostly a small and mostly symbolic thing, but I personally feel that if they couldn't support the most popular and best entertainer in racing - they don't deserve my patronage.
I have hear others gripe and complain about Force because he had so much money and won everything - but he wasn't always so successful and scraped and clawed away until he did start winning and made the most of his opportunities, and for that I think everyone who loves drag racing and how successful it has become, owes just a little bit of respect to John.
In person he is a very calm and likeable guy and easy going to talk with as I have found whenever I managed to find him in a quiet time (usually at BIR where the atmosphere is admittedly pretty laid back) and more than that, there is no doubt he puts a lot of time and money (lots of it his own) into keeping his family together and sharing his dream with them..
Just my 2 cents for what it is worth..   

68camaroz28

• View Profile
Re: Force is back
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:42:55 AM »
I never would have bought a Furd anyway so it's mute point... but now that Castrol has pulled out of sponsoring JFR and have quit buying their oil and other products..
I know its mostly a small and mostly symbolic thing, but I personally feel that if they couldn't support the most popular and best entertainer in racing - they don't deserve my patronage.
I have hear others gripe and complain about Force because he had so much money and won everything - but he wasn't always so successful and scraped and clawed away until he did start winning and made the most of his opportunities, and for that I think everyone who loves drag racing and how successful it has become, owes just a little bit of respect to John.
In person he is a very calm and likeable guy and easy going to talk with as I have found whenever I managed to find him in a quiet time (usually at BIR where the atmosphere is admittedly pretty laid back) and more than that, there is no doubt he puts a lot of time and money (lots of it his own) into keeping his family together and sharing his dream with them..
Just my 2 cents for what it is worth..   
X2, he has been a huge ambassador to NHRA and drag racing. Once our paths crossed and no one was around but he insisted on knowing my name and calling me by name which made quite an impression on me.
Chick
68 Z/28 NOR 01B Orig motor/trans/rear
69 Z/28 NOR 07A Orig Block & GM Cross-ram/carbs
69 L34 Rest. Nova Father/Son Car
69 L78 Surv Nova Purch 4/69 31K miles
67 L89 Corv Tribute
68 Corv 427/400 Orig motor
07 Corv Z06
R 68Z build- http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=182584

anything