Author Topic: Always something!  (Read 3618 times)

janobyte

• Before it was called Day 2 !
    • View Profile
Always something!
« on: May 25, 2014, 12:05:05 AM »
Z's back...however replacing lower control arms and half shafts in our Freestyle, replaced rear spring shackle mount in my kid's truck (back from college) Fired up the Anglia today, ran it through it's paces and heard an unfamiliar clunk in the rear end ....only made a few passes summer before last  !! Gremlins. Too much free play in the rear end I think, getting another opinion ,at least 3rd member comes right out (9 inch) Too much to ask to run  1 Gasser meet this summer.

Is it just me or is there always  some BS getting in the way of just relaxing with the Camaro ( wrenching on it)  I'm venting.

My son told me most people just ignore car problems, laughed and said " you tear right into it and correct  " Like to think I share company here" BTY how's that motor  Darrell ?  :(
68 Z/28  born with: 302, drive line, etc..

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
Re: Always something!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 12:21:55 AM »
Got any grandkids yet? Try dealing with 7 of them 24/7 from 6 to 16 and mostly girls. I think I drove my Z for the first time in 2 years a few weekends ago. My sons girl friend had to have a ride in it at 3 am after she had a few. If you add her kids, triplets, that's 10 between 6 and 16. I have to run and hide just to get on the computer to get attention from you car guys here.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

janobyte

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2014, 01:34:09 AM »
 :D yup ,4 years old. Has more sense ; than his 27yo parents (older boy) ;D  Figure he'll help grandpa take care of the park ,er ,yard in a few years.

69Z28

• 69 X33D80 Z28
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 02:59:50 AM »
:D yup ,4 years old. Has more sense ; than his 27yo parents (older boy) ;D  Figure he'll help grandpa take care of the park ,er ,yard in a few years.

Have a 16 year old granddaughter, a Paris Hilton type, that lives with us because her mom can't deal with her. Yeah, she has more sense then her mom, my daughter, but I just can't get her to cut the grass yet...but she is begging to drive the car on the farm though.
GaryC

'UNRESTORED' 1969 Cortez Silver Z28 X33 D80

janobyte

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 03:44:44 AM »
A lot of my buddies have daughters ,bigger headache than boys in this day and age. My one friend's daughter runs his Camaro at the track, has it slowed down to 9.6(8.9 car).She's pretty deadly on the tree(no worries) Great kid. Good wrench. Great student. Heading to college this fall and should be pursuing mech. engineering. My son said every door would open for her. Mom's pushing her towards medical .  ::) Cool thing is Dad had her in the garage working on that car years ago, she used to bring him through the burnout box and stage him, than he handed the wheel over when she got old enough.

cook_dw

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 02:06:34 PM »
Z's back...however replacing lower control arms and half shafts in our Freestyle, replaced rear spring shackle mount in my kid's truck (back from college) Fired up the Anglia today, ran it through it's paces and heard an unfamiliar clunk in the rear end ....only made a few passes summer before last  !! Gremlins. Too much free play in the rear end I think, getting another opinion ,at least 3rd member comes right out (9 inch) Too much to ask to run  1 Gasser meet this summer.

Is it just me or is there always  some BS getting in the way of just relaxing with the Camaro ( wrenching on it)  I'm venting.

My son told me most people just ignore car problems, laughed and said " you tear right into it and correct  " Like to think I share company here" BTY how's that motor  Darrell ?  :(

I know exactly what you mean.  Ive been working ot at work trying to meet deadlines for projects and honey-do's on the weekend along with yardwork.  Its put the engine on the back burner.   I do have it completely toredown, cylinders look good, very minor wear on bearings and light wear on skirts of pistons.  Ive ordered a few coatings from Cerakote and Im gonna do the pistons and bearings.  Ive always sent my stuff out to have this done but I am doing it myself this go around.  When the time comes Ill post up pictures of the progress.

https://www.cerakotehightemp.com/

As for the Anglia, I would guess either a broken tooth or  pinion nut backing off.  Just a guess but either way, you know its gotta come out.  Good luck with it.

janobyte

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 02:41:13 PM »
No big deal. 1/2hr to pull the 3rd member out, not a priority though. Better to hear it out back than pulling 2nd at about 95mph (glide)....BIG DEAL. 89"wb cars aren't forgiving.

anything