CRG Discussion Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 21, 2014, 03:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Welcome to the CRG Discussion Forum!
Forum registration problems: Make sure you enter your email correctly and you check your spam box first. *Then* email KurtS2@gmail for help.
107600 Posts in 12510 Topics by 4812 Members
Latest Member: oldbop88
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  CRG Discussion Forum
|-+  Camaro Research Group Discussion
| |-+  Originality
| | |-+  69 Coupe vacuum hose
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 69 Coupe vacuum hose  (Read 279 times)
Mikes69_Coupe

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:34:21 PM »

Howdy all. My 69 is an unrestored 327/210; powerglide; PS; A/C car. At the rear of the intake is a vacuum fitting with 2 nipples - 1 to the A/C vacuum canister inside the L fender, and 1 to the tranny. The AIM doesn't have a clear pic of this (or a description), and  I'd like to double check it because I had to put a small hose clamp on the tranny tube side Angry (after finding a split in the short non-orig. hose) due to not being able to get a hose that will fit over both nipples - they appear to be different sizes. Huh Can anyone clear this up for me?? The space between the fitting & the steel tube from the tranny is only a couple inches. What am I missing here?

Y'all take care,
Mike (orig. owner Grin).

69 plain jane unrestored coupe, LeMans Blue, 86,160 miles, 327/210; PG; PS; A/C; Tinted glass. Original owner.
JohnZ
CRG Member

View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 11:12:57 AM »

Howdy all. My 69 is an unrestored 327/210; powerglide; PS; A/C car. At the rear of the intake is a vacuum fitting with 2 nipples - 1 to the A/C vacuum canister inside the L fender, and 1 to the tranny. The AIM doesn't have a clear pic of this (or a description), and  I'd like to double check it because I had to put a small hose clamp on the tranny tube side Angry (after finding a split in the short non-orig. hose) due to not being able to get a hose that will fit over both nipples - they appear to be different sizes. Huh Can anyone clear this up for me?? The space between the fitting & the steel tube from the tranny is only a couple inches. What am I missing here?

Y'all take care,
Mike (orig. owner Grin).

The nipple on the vacuum fitting and the pipe size on the end of the trans modulator pipe ARE different, as the end of the modulator pipe has a shoulder on it that bottoms out INSIDE the vacuum fitting nipple, and the connecting hose then fits over BOTH of them, which becomes essentially one diameter. See your Assembly Manual, Section M35, sheet A15, View "B".

'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG
Mikes69_Coupe

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:28:32 PM »

Thanks JohnZ. Can't figure out how I managed to get that so discombobulated Huh Been through the AIM twice (just got it Monday!), and missed that sketch.

Y'all take care,
Mike.

69 plain jane unrestored coupe, LeMans Blue, 86,160 miles, 327/210; PG; PS; A/C; Tinted glass. Original owner.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: