Author Topic: 69 Coupe vacuum hose  (Read 2889 times)

Mikes69_Coupe

• View Profile
69 Coupe vacuum hose
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:34:21 PM »
Howdy all. My 69 is an unrestored 327/210; powerglide; PS; A/C car. At the rear of the intake is a vacuum fitting with 2 nipples - 1 to the A/C vacuum canister inside the L fender, and 1 to the tranny. The AIM doesn't have a clear pic of this (or a description), and  I'd like to double check it because I had to put a small hose clamp on the tranny tube side >:( (after finding a split in the short non-orig. hose) due to not being able to get a hose that will fit over both nipples - they appear to be different sizes. ??? Can anyone clear this up for me?? The space between the fitting & the steel tube from the tranny is only a couple inches. What am I missing here?

Y'all take care,
Mike (orig. owner ;D).
69 plain jane unrestored (but painted once) coupe, LeMans Blue, 86,264 miles, 327/210; PG; PS; A/C; Tinted glass. Original owner.

JohnZ

• CRG Member
    • View Profile
Re: 69 Coupe vacuum hose
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 04:12:57 PM »
Howdy all. My 69 is an unrestored 327/210; powerglide; PS; A/C car. At the rear of the intake is a vacuum fitting with 2 nipples - 1 to the A/C vacuum canister inside the L fender, and 1 to the tranny. The AIM doesn't have a clear pic of this (or a description), and  I'd like to double check it because I had to put a small hose clamp on the tranny tube side >:( (after finding a split in the short non-orig. hose) due to not being able to get a hose that will fit over both nipples - they appear to be different sizes. ??? Can anyone clear this up for me?? The space between the fitting & the steel tube from the tranny is only a couple inches. What am I missing here?

Y'all take care,
Mike (orig. owner ;D).

The nipple on the vacuum fitting and the pipe size on the end of the trans modulator pipe ARE different, as the end of the modulator pipe has a shoulder on it that bottoms out INSIDE the vacuum fitting nipple, and the connecting hose then fits over BOTH of them, which becomes essentially one diameter. See your Assembly Manual, Section M35, sheet A15, View "B".
'69 Z/28
Fathom Green
CRG

Mikes69_Coupe

• View Profile
Re: 69 Coupe vacuum hose
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 01:28:32 AM »
Thanks JohnZ. Can't figure out how I managed to get that so discombobulated ??? Been through the AIM twice (just got it Monday!), and missed that sketch.

Y'all take care,
Mike.
69 plain jane unrestored (but painted once) coupe, LeMans Blue, 86,264 miles, 327/210; PG; PS; A/C; Tinted glass. Original owner.