Author Topic: Window Stickers  (Read 3297 times)

bc69

• View Profile
Window Stickers
« on: April 30, 2014, 12:36:26 AM »
Who are the best reproducers of window stickers nowadays.
Saw triple A listed but are there any others in the mix?
Brad
RSSS

ZLP955

• View Profile
Re: Window Stickers
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 08:06:19 AM »
Probably not a helpful answer to your question, but I don't think encouraging repro window stickers is a good idea; even though some can spot a fake at 20 paces, it could easily fool a future owner into honestly trying to pass off a car as something it may not be, and someone will get burnt.
Tim in Australia.
1969 04A Van Nuys Z/28. Cortez Silver, Dark Blue interior, VE3, Z21, Z23, D55/U17, D80, flat hood.
Sold at Clippinger Chevrolet in Covina, CA.
AHRA Formula Stock at Lions Dragstrip, NHRA E/MP at Pomona Raceway

68ashgoldRS/SS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 04:04:05 PM »
I used Triple A to reproduce mine.  Not great communication, but ended up with a decent product.  I have a little different take on these....... I recently attended a show with it displayed, and it was a HUGE hit with the crowd, as it was fun for the younger enthusiasts to see what prices were for these first gen cars and thier options.  If it is used in this manner, I do not see issues with reproducing them.  I used all of my cars data (Protecto plate/trim tag) to populate the template.  Anyone using them in a fraudulent manner to sell a car should be prosecuted.  But that can be said for any misrepresentation.  To me, a reproduced window sticker is no worse than a Showboard with the same info.  It's clearly a reproduction, and is used for display and educational purposes. There will always be scumbags out there using anything they can to purposefully misrepresent what they are selling. I think most buyers would not mistake a fresh reproduction as ~45 year old original..  Just my 2 cents...  Ed
Ed Denney from South Jordan Utah

1968 Camaro RS/SS -Restored
1959 Chevrolet Corvette Restomod-Project in progress
1956 Dodge D100 Pickup -Project
1936 US Soldier, Dad -Best Friend

rich69rs

• LF7/M35/Z22/Z87
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 04:35:28 PM »
I used Triple A to reproduce mine.  Not great communication, but ended up with a decent product.  I have a little different take on these....... I recently attended a show with it displayed, and it was a HUGE hit with the crowd, as it was fun for the younger enthusiasts to see what prices were for these first gen cars and thier options.  If it is used in this manner, I do not see issues with reproducing them.  I used all of my cars data (Protecto plate/trim tag) to populate the template.  Anyone using them in a fraudulent manner to sell a car should be prosecuted.  But that can be said for any misrepresentation.  To me, a reproduced window sticker is no worse than a Showboard with the same info.  It's clearly a reproduction, and is used for display and educational purposes. There will always be scumbags out there using anything they can to purposefully misrepresent what they are selling. I think most buyers would not mistake a fresh reproduction as ~45 year old original..  Just my 2 cents...  Ed

I concur and also used Triple A

Richard
Richard Thomas
1969 RS

anything